Sunday, October 26, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Days 22, 23 & 24

Ok, I know, I know, I'm cheating the system! I'm combining three days last week instead of posting separately. I figured if I didn't combine them, they wouldn't all get done and I know I'm slacking lately. Don't get me wrong, I know exactly the things from each day that the Lord blessed me with adn filled my heart with joy, I just haven't taken the time to blog them. Anyway, here we go!

Wednesday - Praise the Lord this is "hump" day! This means that this week is half way over and we're closer and closer to the weekend! That alone fills my heart with joy! As we get closer and closer to meeting little Caleb, I am continually reminded, graciously by the Lord, that I am to "work unto the Lord, and not for man" (my own paraphrase) Col. 3:23. I have always desired nothing more than to be a stay at home mommy, but I have to admit, the closer we get to January, the harder it is for me to focus at work, and really even have any kind of desire to be there. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, the people I work with are wonderful and my boss is such a joy to work for. But on the other hand, when you are about to get what you've been waiting your whole life for, it's SOOOOO hard to concentrate on anything else! So today, I'm praising the Lord that the week is half way done, and I am one day closer to being a (hopefully) good mommy to Caleb! Thank you Lord for choosing Aaron and I to parent this sweet child of YOURS. May we always trust you with his life, and may he grow to know you in a personal way.

Thursday - Today I am praising the Lord for a husband that leads well! This has been an extremely long week for me, as well as him, and after a very short conversation, we decided that we needed tonight to do nothing but REST. Aaron took the lead and responded to an event that we originally had said yes to, and changed our answer to no. Thank you honey for looking out not only for us, but for Caleb. He was telling me that I needed to rest and just sit, and that is something that is VERY hard for me to do. Thank you Lord, for a restful night and some relaxion with my wonderful hubby!!

Friday - Ok, tonight's is a little weird, but so cool! Aaron and I decided to have a "date night". We went out to Firewheel and ate at the newest pizza place, Brooklyn's Pizza, which by the way, I HIGHLY recommend to anyone and everyone. The pizza was amazing and the atmosphere was wonderful as well! After dinner we went and bought tickets for Fireproof. I have been wanting to see this movie for sometime now, knowing full well, that I'm sure there will be some level of "Christian Cheeze" to it, but really wanted to support the Christian movie business as much as possible. Since we bought our tickets early, we went next door and walked through Dick's Sporting Goods, and spent some time looking at shotguns. For protection purposes only. Once we got back for the movie and had our drinks and snacks in hand, we walked in to the acutal theater and realized that there were only single seats left! This brought up a GREAT opportunity for me to be completely frustrated and feel like our night was ruined, but I chose not to act out in anger, and truly allow the Lord to fill me with his peace and joy, knowing that it's three weeks in to this movie being open, and theaters are still full to the brims!!! Praise the Lord that couples are going to see this movie!!!!! I know that each and every person in that movie theater was meant to be there that night, and I truly believe that they must have needed to see that movie more than we did, and that's why we didn't get seats! Now don't get me wrong, I was bummed, but we went and got our money back and will definately be seeing it, maybe sometime this week. Anyway, we left the theater, with popcorn and coke icee in hand, and went to Best Buy to look at the new TV we'll be getting next month! Can't wait!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: