Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 8

Being blessed by young(er) women in my life every Wednesday is always my highlight for the day! Each Wednesday I co-lead a small group of junior girls and let me just say how wonderful and awesome they are! Not only do they come with open hearts and minds, but so often I find myself learning from them, not just trying to lead them well!

Tonight was an especially blessed night. Not only did my new co-leader, Casey lead the bible study, but for this year, we are studying one of my favorite books in the whole Bible, the book of James. There is so much to be said for the trials and tribulations we all experience in life, and to have a book in the Bible to turn to for uplifting and guidance during those hards times is so great!

The best part is that I know each one of my girls, including myself and Casey all have our own struggles and trials we go through every day. Casey did an amazing job with such a great illustration of how we are like a butterfly. She shared the story of the butterfly with us and it truly spoke to my heart. Knowing and experiencing trials and hard times are inevitable, but when you have the Lord to turn to, you are never alone! Christ chose me! I am His child! I am His daughter! He knows what He is doing with my life, even if I don't understand! What an encouragement to know that even though people in our lives will constantly let us down, we have a perfect Savior whom we can trust for all eternity.

I know I've posted this on here before, but one of my favorite chapters in the whole Bible is Psalm 139. Here is oneof my favorite verses that truly relate to the joy I am experiencing today...

"Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." Psalm 139:16

Lord, you know my thoughts, you knew my life before I was even here! I praise you for writing my story, in your words and your timing! May I be a blessing to others, through your grace and mercy. May you continue to write my story, as you see fit, even when I don't understand. Help me to always trust, always believe and always seek you first in everything. You are everything!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: