Friday, October 31, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 31

Wow! I can't believe I actually finished something! For those of you who know me well, you know that I am great at starting things, but HORRIBLE at finishing! To finish the 31 day joy challenge is a blessing in and of itself, but the true blessing and joy comes from everything that I have learned and been reminded of. Things like...

1. I am a child of the LIVING God!
2. I was created exactly how God desired me to be, inside and out!
3. Experiencing joy doesn't have to be in just the big moments of life, but in the small moments, such as cooler weather, changing of seasons, seeing a beautiful butterfly, reading the same verse you've read a hundred times, but actually understanding its meaning for the 1st time, realizing the blessing of a wonderful, Godly husband, feeling overwhelmed with love for a child who hasn’t even entered this world yet, and so many more little things.

There are so many other things I could list here, but you can always go back to day one and catch up on them if you’d like!

Anyway, my joy for today is have the strength, discipline, and true heart’s desire to finish what I’ve started, and to experience the joy of the LORD in different ways each and every day! If you’ve followed me on this journey, you know that I started this journey because I wanted to overcome my anger issues, and after realizing that my anger stems from lack of joy and contentment, I thought what better way than to journal on my blog about all the things in life that the Lord has given me joy in and through. Journaling has brought me joy and contentment, and even a sense of calmness that I don’t know I would have had if I hadn’t taken the time to write down all of these little things. Now that I have experienced the joy of the LORD, I will continue to journal on my own, about all of the little things in life that he brings me joy through, and may even continue to share some of them, though not each and every day.

Thank you to all of you for your sweet comments and encouragement through e-mails and phone calls! I am so richly blessed by each of you in my life! I praise the Lord for providing me with such amazing women friendships with y’all! I pray that the Lord used me to bring you joy during these past 31 days!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations on following through to your goal! I've enjoyed following your sweet posts this last month.

Thanks for the encouragement to choose to see God's blessings in every day.

Self Family said...

Yeah Jill!!! So proud of you woman!! love you!!