Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 7

Let me start by saying that I think it's FINALLY turning to Fall! That is, by definition in the state of Texas, any temperature during the day under 80 degrees!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a nature "freak". One of my greatest dreams in life is to own a "ranch" in Colorado. (Not a dude ranch, but I do want to include horses and a large chunk of land in the Rocky Mountains). Therefore, whenever we change from sweltering heat to anything below 80 degrees, I am overcome with joy and get the "itchies" to be outdoors as much as possible!

As I was walking across campus today (work campus that is, not college), the wind was blowing, the sky was completely clear, the sun was shining and it couldn't have been more than 78 degrees. I found myself holding my hands out and silently singing praises to the Lord for what a gorgeous day out that it was!

He fills my heart with joy each and every day, and by making a choice to allow myself to experience that, my days are filled with more joy, happiness, patience, kindness and awareness of my attitude. I am so thankful to the Lord for His never ending promises, that I can truly believe and write on my heart for all eternity!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: