Sunday, October 26, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 26

Today has been somewhat of a hard day for me. Although I had a GREAT time at the Arboretum yesterday, I definately paid for it last night and all day today. I have had some of the most extreme lower back pain, more than I usually have. I know it's from walking so much. Anyway, after not getting much sleep last night, tossing and turning, and barely being able to sit up in bed this morning, I got up and started moving around and it did get a little better.

So today, my joy comes from it being the Sabbath. Praise the Lord for Sundays!!!! Now, although I didn't crash on the couch like I normally do Sundays after church, I did relax and spent time in my scrap room, doing some really fun projects that I haven't had the time to do lately, just creating! I then got to go to Shoreline, our high school ministry's weekly gathering, and hear different students share where they are at with their walk with the Lord, as well as struggles that I'm sure most of us faced in high school at one point or another. Needless to say, it was a good reminder of the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father.

I was blessed to hear students pray outloud for attributes they see, appreciate and love in their Heavenly Father. Things like, provider, protector, unfailing love, healer, forgiver, unconditional love, father to the fatherless, meeting us wherever we're at, never giving up on us, never forgetting us, never leaving us, trustworthy, and the list goes on and on.

Lord, you are so good to remind us of your unfailing love for us, when we need it the most, when we are dry and feel that we have nothing left to give, when we are lonely, when we are questioning life itself, when we feel that we have no purpose. I praise you today Lord, for I know that I am fearfully & wonderfully made, and that your plan for me is bigger and better than anything I could ever dream up for myself. Help me to believe your word, live your word, and trust you, Almighty God, for my every need, for nothing is too small for you!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: