Saturday, October 11, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 11

Today I am filled with joy for two reasons! One, today is my little niece's 3rd birthday! Miriam is such a precious little gift to our family, and the only girl so far. What joy it brings to my heart every chance I get to spend with her and watch her grow up, through pictures and occasional visits. With my sister and her family in Raleigh, it's not that often that we get to see wach other, but I am so thankful that the bonds of family are so strong! Miriam, I can't wait to see who you become as a woman of God. You are such a blessing and a joy to my heart! I love you and miss you terribly!! I Love you!

My second joy of today was the chance Aaron and I had to spend the day on the lake with the Eubanks and Selfs. As I said earlier this week, joy fills my heart when I see the beauty of God's creation, and boy did we ever today! The lake was perfect, the sun was shining, and it couldn't have been more than 85 degrees otuside. There was an awesome wind blowing and the time we got to spend with our closest friends was such a blessing! Caleb even liked the ride, I think.

Thank you Lord, for allowing me to see and appreciate your handiwork, wherever it may be. May I always remember that you are not only the Creator of this universe, but the Creator of me, and my Heavenly Father!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: