Sunday, October 19, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 19

Today I had a wonderful surprise phone call! My Uncle Doug, whom I haven't seen in about a year and a half, called me to let me know that he had a layover at Love Field for two hours, and wanted to see if I had time to come hang out with him. Of course I jumped at the opportunity!

My Uncle Doug, all growing up, was the "guy" in my life. Whether he knew it or not, he was always there for me, he always loved me well, encouraged me, and built in to my life in very meaningful ways. Growing up without a father figure was hard, but he made sure he let me know that he cared for me and loved me very much. We had so much fun together, and I have extremely wonderful memories of my time with him as a little girl!

Uncle Doug, thank you for always being there for me, both as a little girl, and even now! Your big heart and compassion has NEVER gone unnoticed! You are so special to me, and I cherish every moment we get to spend together! While we don't see each other very often anymore, I pray that over the years to come, we will continue to be intentional with conversations and family visits. Thank you for being a constant in my life, and for showing me in so many ways, the love of our Heavenly Father! I love you very much!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: