Friday, October 3, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 3

Ok, this one might be a far stretch for some of you, but for those of you who know me well, know that there is very little in life that is more enjoyable for me than either a massage or a pedicure. Well, I haven't had the opportunity to have a pedicure in quite some time. Actually it's been almost 14 weeks to be exact (I only remember that because the last one I had was with my mom, and I was 12 weeks pregnant). Anyway, Aaron and Jarret (a good friend) are heading to Austin this weekend to do some major wakeboarding at the cable park there. Katie, Jarret's wife, and I decided to stay back and have some girl time of our own, and one thing we will be doing is indulging in the greatness of a spa pedicure!!! I just booked the appointments, which is why I am so joyful right now! I have wanted to make an appointment for some time.

I know you are all probably wondering what a spa pedicure has to do with being filled with the joy of the Lord, so let me see if I can put my thoughts in to words here. There are two reasons I am filled with joy right now.

1.) because I love to be pampered, what girl doesn't! And because the Lord loves to bless his children!! Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." That is proof right there that He loves me and wants to bless me!!

And my second reason, is because I get to continue to build and deepen my friendship with Katie as we spend time together! A great biblical example of the kind of friendship I long to have with the women in my life is David and Jonathan, in 1 Samuel 18:1, specifially, that says, "As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul."

So that's how I am bringing together the joy of the Lord and spa pedicures! I'm sure I will have more joy-filled things come to mind today, and I might even do another post, but at least for now, I have found joy in the little things, through friendship and a spa pedicure!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: