Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 16

I was surprisingly emotional today when I was listening to my iPod at work and found myself overwhelmed with joy, hearing the song that I walked down the aisle to at my wedding (An Improvisation on Canon in D, by Robin Spielberg, this is not your normal version). I've heard it many times before, but this time seemed extra sentimental. Maybe it was thinking about where we both came from, how the Lord brought us together in such a random situation (well, random to me, but not to the Lord!), or how far we've come in the past 4 years of our marriage. Either way, the Lord has done miraculous things in our marriage and our lives, and I was sweetly reminded today of how precious Aaron is to me, and how special I felt, not only on that first day as husband and wife, but have continually felt each and every day.

Aaron, you are my world. You are my soulmate, you are my best friend, you are the love of my life. You are strong and courageous, you are mindful of others, you are passionate about the Lord, you are forgiving and understanding, you are gentle, you are patient, you are so very helpful and you are caring. The Lord knew exactly what he was doing when He brought us together. We are opposites, but fit perfectly together. You are my life, and I truly cannot imagine living each and everyday without you by my side, holding my hand, and encouraging me to be the Godly woman I was created to be! Your love overwhelmes me, and I find myself questioning how I was so fortunate to have been found by you, and chosen by you, and by God for you. Thank you for your love, you passion, your drive, your committment, your loyalty, your honesty, your grace and your determination. Without those things I know I would be lost!

Lord, thank you for giving to me a husband who loves me for who I am, who is in love with you, and who leads our family so well. Thank you for the joy you have brought to our marriage, even through the trials and struggles that we have had and continue to battle. Thank you for helping us to see the benefit in honesty, trust and compassion. Thank you for blessing us with other couple friends whom we can count on to keep us accountable to the way that we love each other and take care of each other in our marriage. Thank you for the gift of marriage, may we always be aware that it is a gift, and I pray that we would continue to honor each other for the rest of our days here on earth.

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: