We had the privilege of hosting Thanksgiving this year and oh my did we have fun! 11 people including 5 boys, ages 5 and under, in our tiny 2 bedroom apartment. LOTS of action, playing trains, watching the Parade and of course, football, and TONS OF FOOD!!! We really did have a wonderful time, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves!! Here are some pics from our busy day!
Getting everything set out and ready to cook!
You can't do Thanksgiving without the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Our 24 lb. bird, stuffed and ready to bake!
Having fun with Elefun!
Yes, that is our 14 month old maneuvering his way around daddy's iPad! He's a smart little guy!
The table all set and ready to be filled with food and family!
Eli and Grandma
Aaron cutting the bird
Yes, I forgot to take a pic before Aaron cut in to the bird, so I took a pretty picture of the side that was still untouched
reading books with Grandma!
a plethora of food, we are so blessed!
Eli and Grandpa!
Corbin and Caleb sitting at our makeshift kids table
all the boys had so much fun and did great!
Tio and Eli!
Grandma and all the babies!!
Grandma, Papa and the boys!
LOVE our family pic!!
brothers Corbin and Eli
Overall it couldn't have gone any better in my opinion! I'm hoping to get to host again in the future for sure!!
Day 24: Today I'm thankful for the saving grace of Jesus Christ, His sacrifice on the cross, and his unconditional love. And I'm even more thankful that I know how desperately in need of a Savior I am, a true sinner saved by grace! Happy Thanksgiving!
Day 22: I'm thankful that eight years ago today I said YES when Aaron Garcia asked me to be his wife! SOOOO incredibly blessed by the way he continues to love me, even in my most unlovable moments! I love you babe! Happy eight year engagement day!
Day 21: Today I'm thankful for allergy relief medicine, Stouffer's lasagna, and the RAIN (which we so desperately need)! I'm also thankful for sweet friends and an extra special little friend who got to come over and play with Caleb! We had such a great Monday!
Day 20: Today I'm thankful that God is ENOUGH, and has provided ENOUGH for our church to start the last phase of expansion, the children's center! So thankful that we get to be a part of the work HE is doing in and through His body of believers at Watermark Community Church!
Day 19: Today I'm thankful for our awesome donut lady! She provides us with amazing chocolate covered donuts almost weekly. I've been going to the same place for over five years now and they only seem to get better and better!
Day 18: Today I'm thankful for sweet friends who we get to do date night swaps with so that Aaron and I get a night sans kids to just spend together, talking about grown-up things and feeling young again!
Day 17: Today I'm thankful for Ms. Lesa and Ms. Tommy at Waterview Christian Preschool! They are Caleb's teachers there and they are AWESOME! I am amazed at how much he has learned and developed since being in school. It truly is sooo fun to pick him up from school and ask about his day, he always has something new to tell me!
Day 15: Today I am thankful for a running car, food in our pantry, a roof over our heads and the WONDERFUL provision from the Lord in the form of a job for my husband. And the fact that he actually enjoys what he does is even more of a blessing!
**I know this post is late, but better late than never, right?!?
Oh Asher, you are SUCH an absolute HONEY these days!!! You are a walking machine! You follow your big brother pretty much everywhere and love having a playmate at home! You are a cuddler, oh boy are you ever a cuddler! You run up to me at least 20 times a day and snuggle my legs, my neck, any part of me you can wrap your hands around, and I absolutely love it!!!!! You are getting/have gotten some new teeth and while that brings its own challenges, it also brings its advantages of being able to broaden the spectrum of what you can eat. However, you have gotten more picky on what you will actually eat, so that has been somewhat of an adventure. 95% of the time you are all smiles, and all boy. The other 5% is when you are tired or have really hurt yourself. It takes quite a bit for you to cry, unless you are tired. Ever since the time change, you have been waking up around 6:00-6:30 which has been really difficult for me, but I'm confident that you will adjust!
We are absolutely in love with you Asher! You bring such joy to our hearts and we just can't get enough of you! Please stop growing!!! Here are just a few pics from the past month of your life!