Monday, October 27, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 27

Today I am tired. I did not want to get up this morning, much less go to work. I am still paying for the trip to the Arboretum and my spirits are down. It hurts to walk, it hurts to sit, it hurts to stand. It hurts to do pretty much anything.

Then tonight, Aaron and I caught up on all our Tevo'd shows, including Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I'm not sure if y'all have ever seen this show, but it brings tears to my eyes everytime I see another family blessed by this team of homebuilders.

Anyway, last night we watched the two episodes we had Tevo'd and man were they tear jerkers! I was graciously reminded, by my Heavenly Father, how truly blessed I am, that I can walk and sit and stand, and do all of the things that some people just don't have the opportunity to do. I found myself weeping tears of joy over these two families who have so little, yet CONSTANTLY give of themselves to those around them. What a humbling reminder that we live in a fallen world, yet, each of us has the opportunity not just to change our own lives, but the lives of others around us. Growing up in a very poor family and being on welfare, these stories on this show every week touch a very special place in my heart. I am so grateful for the abundant blessings I have in life, not just material, but ETERNAL.

Thank you Lord for the sweet reminder that you love each and everyone of us equally! Thank you for sending your Son to die on the cross at Calvary, to save us, and give us life everlasting, even when we feel that our life is not how it should be. Thank you for showing me the joy in a sweet little boy's heart, who can barely talk, can't walk, and can barely breath. I want to experience the kind of joy and hope that this little boy, Job, experiences each and everyday, despite his outward circumstance. Thank you for showing me his heart of gold, I long for that.

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: