Sunday, October 5, 2008

Joy in the Little Things - Day 5

What a spectacular day today was!! I am so blessed to have the freedom to attend a church where the Word of God is preached authentically. Where the pastor is not afraid to be bold with his preaching. Where the Lord is praised. Where I can lift my hands and sing, and cry tears of joy, tears of overwhelming joy in knowing that I have a SAVIOR who has cast away all my sin, and has given me grace and mercy.

What a joy it is to experience the Holy Spirit at work in my heart! What a joy it is to sing out to the God of the universe! What a joy it is to be able to hear my small group girls praise the Lord through song, to watch them take notes during the service, and to have the honor of being an encouragement to them through leading a weekly bible study!

What a joy it is to have a Godly husband, who loves me, and cares for me, and shares the joys of this life with me! What a joy it is to be able to spend quality time with him, to have wonderful moments, to experience his love for me in ways that so many women in this world do not have the privilege of experiencing.

Today has been filled with many joyous moments. Thank you Lord! May I remember throughout this week, the joy that I have felt today. I pray for marriages across the nation that are not at a place of joy, Lord, that you would revive hearts, renew spirits, and remind us of the ultimate love, your unconditional love.

“The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.” Psalm 145:8-9

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: