Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for my camera. I know, it seems silly, but honestly, it's one of the best purchases we've ever made. The camera can capture moments in life that, as hard as I try, I likely won't remember as vividly as I desire to. With my camera, I can almost freeze time, and I can look back, as often as I like, at the memories that I want to remember most.

This year, I'm working on something new and different. It's called Project Life. For 365 days, I'm taking at least one picture a day, and putting it into a scrapbook type album, along with journaling each day about the picture I took. I've taken pictures of the boys, wonderful meals I've made, nature, the store, our favorite donut shop, friends and so many more. Without my camera, this would not be possible. I can't wait to have this album full of memories from each day this year, to look back on 20, 30 even 40 years down the road. And even though the camera will continue to change over time, just as it has to date, I'm glad that we are fortunate enough to have the one we do, and I look forward to what ever new inventions come our way in the future with other ways to preserve our most precious memories.

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: