Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I have A LOT to be thankful for today, and every day for that matter. Yesterday I turned 31 years old. Aaron, my dear husband, asked me if 31 felt any different than 30, and I answered, "I don't know. It definitely sounds different, and older, but honestly I still feel like I should be in my early 20's!" Later last night, on our way home from dinner, he so graciously pointed out that in only 9 years, we would be 40 and Caleb would be 11. I quickly responded with a, "NOOO! Don't remind me of that! I don't want to think about that right now! I want to enjoy exactly where we are!"

So, today, here is what I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful for a husband who relentlessly pursued me just days after we first met. In honor of that, this is one of my favorite "dating" pictures of us, even though not the first...
I'm thankful for two parents who love the Lord with all their heart, and love me unconditionally. Lord knows I need all the unconditional love I can get, I'm pretty "passionate" about things (that's the nice way of putting it)!
I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to disciple these gorgeous ladies! And to do it all with the help of my amazing co-leader! Although my girls are now college freshman and are all in different locations across the southern United States, I'm so thankful for each of their hearts, their desire to be Christ-like. I haven't done a very good job of pursuing them since they left for college, but I know they know how much I dearly love each one of them, and that I would drop everything in a heartbeat for them! You girls all precious daughters of our King and I love you so much!
These two little darlings just happen to be my niece and nephew. I'm so thankful for them, and especially for their mommy and daddy!!
I am overwhelmed with gratefulness when I look at this picture. Ten years ago, I wondered if I would ever fall in love and get married. And even more, if I would have children of my own. And now, so richly blessed, I stand in awe of the precious gifts the Lord has given me in my loving husband, and my two priceless, treasured boys!!
I'm thankful that the Lord is as creative as he is! When I was younger, I was blessed to be able to live in what I think of as, the most beautiful place on the earth, the mountains of Colorado! My heart's desire is to end up there again, someday, but until that time, I'm content with ohhhing and ahhhing over all the fabulous pictures I've taken and the ones I've found online!
I'm thankful for a husband who loves the Lord, and who loves being daddy. I can get pretty emotional just thinking about how he disciples our boys so well, and leads our family. Although not perfect, I'm thankful that he honors our relationship by being honest, pursuing oneness in every way possible, and strives to put his relationship with Christ above all others.
I'm thankful for all these little cuties! These are the 10 kids (all 5 and under) in our community group, and I consider all of them to partially belong to me! Not in a creepy way, but in a way that I feel partially responsible for their upbringing. I so desire for each one of them to know the Lord, and I know that I will do everything I can, do be an example of how Christ so desires us to shepherd his precious children!
Oh boy, this little honey melts my heart! I'm so thankful for you, Asher! My precious son!!
I'm thankful that I carry the name momma! There is not much that brings greater joy to my life than my children! There's also not much that brings a greater challenge than them as well!
My honey of a boy, Caleb. You are such a treasure to my heart! The way you give loves and kisses, oh, it just gets me every time! You are compassionate, fiery and my little snugglebuns!!

Needless to say, I have MUCH to be grateful and thankful for! What are you thankful for today?!?

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: