Monday, February 21, 2011

Memory Verse Monday

I was so encouraged last week to work on memorizing Psalm 37:8. It truly made me think before I lashed out in anger or frustration, which was what I had hoped for, even though I was not perfect at it.

This week, my memory verse is along the same lines, but focuses more on allowing the Spirit to influence my words and actions, and guide me in truth. Galatians 5:16-17; 22-23 says,

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing things you want to do...But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

What a desire of my heart it has been for the past few weeks, that the Spirit would lead my actions and reactions. I long to be patient with my children, to be gentle and kind to them, even in moments of frustration. To show them how much I love them, unconditionally. To have self-control in my thoughts and the words that so easily roll off my tongue. For our home to be filled with the Peace of our Father, and to continue to share my faith with those who don't know the great news of Jesus Christ.

I am far from perfect, and it truly is a struggle for me to live out the Fruits of the Spirit, but I can honestly say that it is a great desire of my heart to do so. Lord, help me to live out your Word this week in the way of loving my boys unconditionally, outwardly showing the joy that I have in my heart, that can only come from you, and please, take me to my knees and give me a gentle and quiet spirit. I long to be known as one of your own, and the best way I can do that is through my actions. May they be pleasing to you this week.

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: