Sunday, February 20, 2011

Savory Sundays

Savory Sundays can take on many different meanings in our household. Sundays are our most precious day of the week. It's the day that we gather with our friends and fellow believers and celebrate the freedom that we have in Christ, the forgiveness that we so graciously accepted, and the resurrection of the risen King through corporate worship. Since the 5th day I lived in Texas, I have called Watermark Community Church, my home church. It's so fun to look back and see how much I have grown since being plugged in to a church that relentlessly pursues a right relationship with Christ, as well as His body of believers. It's not about the Sunday morning experience, it's about hearing the truth from God's Word, and applying it directly to my daily life.

Another great thing about Sunday is coupon clipping, grocery shopping and menu planning! Yes, that is a great thing in my world, although sometimes it's stressful, I do greatly enjoy deciding what to cook during the week and going to the store to get "supplies". Yes, I'm a dork.

One last great thing about Sunday is that we are pretty lazy Sunday afternoons, and often, you can find all four of us napping at some point in time! Dinner on Sundays is always something easy so as to make the night go smoother.

Today was a fabulous day! Although we did not make it to church as planned. Asher gave a run for our money last night (mostly Aaron) and was awake 5 times before we even got in bed, as well as 3-4 times in the middle of the night. Needless to say, we needed rest, so we slept in. Aaron was going to head out on the boat with Jarret & Katie, for the 1st wakeboarding session of the season, but after taking a look at the forecast, decided it was going to be a little too cold for him, so he stayed home. I went out for a bit, and then Aaron took his turn, and then we grilled out burgers (YUMMY!!) and sweet potato fries.

So, part of what my Savory Sunday post will be, is the next week's meal plan. If you want the recipe for anything, just leave me a comment and I'll e-mail it to you! Enjoy!

Sunday: Grill Out Burgers
Monday: Spinach Chicken
Tuesday: Spaghetti
Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas
Thursday: Maple Glazed Chicken
Friday: Grilled Steak and Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Saturday: Sandwiches and Veggies/Fruit

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: