Monday, February 14, 2011

Memory Verse Monday

Today's memory verse hits very close to home for me as of the past couple weeks. Since the beginning of the year, I've really struggled to get in a daily quiet time and my lack of discipline has reflected in the way that I parent and love my boys, as well as my sweet husband. It makes my heart hurt every time I react in anger, and often brings me to tears. I feel like I'm constantly apologizing to Caleb and asking for his forgiveness, and have even found myself cuddling sweet Asher in hopes to make up for getting frustrated with him for crying so much, waking up in the middle of the night, and not wanting to sleep when he so desperately needs it. Needless to say, it's been a rough start to the new year! So, this week, my memory verse is very black and white, and I have a choice as to how I will respond when I don't get my way. How I desperately want to respond how Christ would have me respond, but oh how I have failed.

Lord, help me to exercise patience, compassion and grace, when my situation is not ideal, or what I think it should be. Continue to use your Spirit inside of me to convict me when I am in the wrong, to apologize to whomever I have hurt, and ask for their forgiveness, even if they don't totally understand why I'm doing so. I want to take ground in this area of darkness in my life, and truly want to overcome my anger, and replace it with your love and mercy.

Psalm 37:8

"Stop being angry!
Turn from your rage!
Do not lose your temper --
it only leads to harm."

Lord, help me remember this verse from your Word, that it would be on the tip of my tongue in every moment where I find myself heating up. Thank you in advance for all that you will do in my heart, as long as I am yielded to your Spirit.

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: