Monday, February 14, 2011

Honesty and Some Blog Changes

When I first started this blog, I did it for selfish reasons. I wanted a place where I could journal whatever was on my heart, and hoped that it would encourage not only myself, but others. My love language is words of affirmation, and it became quite obvious that I was posting what I was in hopes of getting comments from whomever read my posts, if anyone even was. Thankfully, the Lord has shown me my own selfishness, and has brought me to a place where being authentic, not only in my relationships, but even in my writing, is more important than looking like I have it all together. Although that "lesson" is a life-long process, I now know that instead of writing what I think others will want to hear, it's ok to be honest, and share where I'm at, spiritually and emotionally. The Lord loves an honest person, and since he already knows my thoughts before even one of them reaches my tongue, it's about time that I start being "real".

For the past month or so I've been wanting to change things up on the blog. I've definitely not been posting as much as I've wanted to, or even share where my heart is at, so in order to help me out, I've come up with a daily blog plan. They will most likely be short posts, and some with no pictures at all, but I really think that this will not only help me process through where I'm at, but hopefully will help encourage whomever reads this blog to re-evaluate where you are at spiritually. And, if you are reading this and don't know the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I would love the opportunity to talk with you about it, it's the most precious gift you will every receive!

So, here's my plan...

Sundays - Savory Sundays: a recap of what was taught at church that morning and how I plan on responding to the challenge of applying it to my daily life

Mondays - Memory Verse Monday: My memory verse for the week

Tuesdays - Talking Tuesday: Sharing whatever is on my heart, being convictions, joys, heartaches, etc...

Wednesdays - Wordless Wednesday: No words, just one single picture from our week so far

Thursdays - Thankful Thursday: Short or long, just a simple post about what I'm most thankful for that day or week, in hopes to keep me humble and joyful in all circumstances (which will only come by the grace of God!)

Fridays - Facebook Friday: All of my facebook status updates from the week (more or less for my own memory's sake, not that they are all that interesting to begin with!!)

Saturdays - Slow Saturday: Saturday is our lazy family day which consists of cuddling in the big bed, homemade breakfast and whatever else we choose to do as a family that day

So, there's the plan! Since I'm driven by journaling and writing, I'm hoping this will give me the opportunity to evaluate where I'm at so that in turn, I can continue to strive to be a better wife, mother and friend. We'll see how it goes!!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: