Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Know Your Sick When...

A. You're up at 3am writing a blog post
B. You're coughing so hard that it gives you Braxton Hicks contractions
C. You can't breathe out of your nose, yet it constantly runs (que tissue stuffing please)
D. The only food that sounds remotely good is Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup
E. ALL OF THE ABOVE

Yes, we've had quite a few weeks here! Quite a few sick weeks that is. I was sick about 6 weeks ago with the exact same thing I have now, an upper respiratory infection. The problem is that when you're pregnant, 1) you're not supposed to get sick and 2) you can't take most of the same meds that you can when you're not pregnant, so getting better is a little longer of a process. Not to mention the fact that Aaron is on his second battle of bronchitis, and Caleb is getting over a double ear infection.

I know that we are to find joy in all of our trials and circumstances no matter what, but I must say, not going a single month without being sick since October makes it pretty hard to do! However, in the midst of all of this sickness, I am so thankful and blessed that we are not dealing with anything worse. Overall, we are very healthy people, no cancer, no disease. And even in the midst of all of this, I do occasionally find myself thanking the Lord for that very blessing.

So on my "Thankful Thursday", I'm am so thankful for my health. I'm thankful for my family's health, and I'm thankful that I can walk, talk, breathe, hear, see and touch. The Lord is so good!!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverence. Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: