Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thoughtful Tuesday

Tuesdays are going to be my days to "vent". Whether it be about my struggles, challenges or even just journaling what the Lord is teaching me right now.

Over the past few weeks I've had many opportunities to do just as Eph. 5:22-23 says and let me just tell you how incredibly HARD this is for me!! I struggle constantly with control, so submitting to Aaron does not come naturally to me! I have always struggled with control and this power struggle has definitely caused many points of frustration in probably every relationship I've ever had! Thankfully, the Lord has been gracious to me in revealing my true sin nature, and has also allowed me to see the benefit of trusting my husband's heart, knowing that he truly is seeking the Lord's best for our family.

I'm so thankful for a husband who seeks the Lord. I'm thankful that I'm at a point in my life where I no longer battle daily with my power struggle of control, and trust issues with men. I'm thankful for a true desire to be obedient to the Lord, through my submission as a wife, even though I'm not perfect at it. I'm still learning how to put that in to practice in my life, but I'm thankful for patience as I attempt to carry out this one small task in my life.

What this looks like for me: When Aaron and I have different views on a situation, we listen to each other. We allow the other person to give their reasoning, and if we still have different opinions, this is where the trusting on my part comes in. Trusting that Aaron has prayed through his decision, and trusting that he truly wants the Lord's best for our family. I've never doubted that from day one, but I've also never expressed that confidence to him either. This is where I step back and allow him to lead, or should I say, this is where I should be doing that, even though it doesn't happen every single time!

Aaron, thank you for extending much grace where it is needed. Thank you for striving to follow God's Word in all that we do as a family. I know your heart is in the right place, and I never want to take that spiritual leadership for granted.

Please pray that as I continue down this path of learning what it truly means to trust, and be submissive, that I will continually run to my Savior for answers. My heart so desires to continue to become the Godly wife, woman and mommy that I know the Lord has for me to be. Please also pray that my eyes would be open to other areas where I am not fully trusting the Lord. And finally, pray that as I continue in this life-long journey, that my heart would be softened and that I would be open to areas that the Lord wants me to see where I need to change.

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: