Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dream Weekend

As I previously posted, I turned the big 3-0 back in February. For my birthday this year I asked to go on a scrap retreat. I've been wanting to go on one for the past 5 or so years and I thought this year was perfect! My goal was to finish Caleb's baby album so that I could get started on Baby Dos' album (we find out the sex TODAY at 4pm)! While I didn't get it 100% completed (only becuase I didn't print out the right pictures), I did get 26 pages completed, and all time record I think, considering it took me about 18 months to finish the first 10 pages and this time around I finished 26 in 48 hours! Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, but man was it worth it!

For those of you who know me well, know that one of my biggest dreams in life is to own a ranch in Colorado, and to also have basically the exact same place I went this weekend, on-site, in the middle of the Rocky Mountains! Now, I knwo that's a big dream, and I don't know if it will ever come true, but this is one dream that I will carry with me forever.

I went on this weekend retreat by myself, which the Jill three years ago would not have done. I feel that I have grown out of my comfort zone so much with meeting new people, and striking up conversation, that I knew this weekend would be a great opportunity to meet at least 29 other people. And I did just that! Everyone there was wonderful, nice, helpful and so sweet. I got lots of new ideas for page layouts, got to hear one woman's whole adoption story which about brought me to tears, and share a little bit of my own story that hopefully the Lord will use!

Here are some pics from the weekend...


Just getting started on the road!



My #1 priority of the weekend, to consume as much Fazoli's as I could (since the closest one is 2 hours away, and it's my favorite fast food place ever), and I succeeded!!



Rockin' Reality - where all the magic happened!!


One of 8 bedrooms - I slept in the corner by the window and the bed was amazing!!

Really nice sitting room off the kitchen

The beautiful kitchen (I could have lived on-site if I owned the place!)


The scrappin' room, I don't know the exact dimensions, but it was big enough to hold 40 people, with each person having their own 4' x 8' table, as well as all of the tools & supplies areas


Ohhhh, the Cricut table! 4 cricuts + 98 cartridges = heaven!

The "store", literally. Rena had so many GREAT supplies that you could purchase at a VERY reasonable price. I loved the fact that she had all of the embellishments set up individually so you only had to buy exactly what you wanted to use.

Upstairs sitting room

One of 5 bathrooms

Upstairs sitting room (different angle)

Creative Corner (with massage chair and foot massager!)

Me at my spot!

Jennifer, one of my roomates! We got to sit across from each other and she definitely helped me with layout ideas!

My "scrap spot" - it was WONDERFUL to be able to totally spread out! And if you can see, there are two "F.R.E.D.'s" that I was able to use. It's the coolest thing ever. It's a heavy duty magnetic board that is used to hodl up your layouts while your in the process of putting everything together. It stands up like a picture frame, so that you aren't leaning over the table the entire time. I'm hoping to purchase one of these soon, but they ar a little pricey, $50. Going to see if I can make my own for less...

Overall it was one of the best getaway weekends I think I've ever had! I've already decided to make this trip an annual one as I was truly inspired so much more by being away from the real world and not having to worry about anything, or clean, or cook...it truly was my dream weekend!

A BIG shout-out to my amazing husband for taking care of Caleb for the weekend. Especially since after taking Caleb to the Dr. on Friday and finding out that he has a double ear infection. And on top of that, Aaron is sick as well. I know it wasn't an ideal weekend to leave, but the Lord knew exactly what was going on, and knew that this was the perrfect weekend for a break for me! Thank you honey, for all your hard work this weekend and allowing this momma a much needed break! You are so wonderful and I am so thankful for you!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


























No comments: