Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sharpen Me Sunday


Our church, Watermark Community Church, is currently going through a four week series on handling conflict from a Biblical perspective. Can I just tell you how humbling this has been?!? WOW! I missed out on last week, but quickly caught up this morning. Conflict is something that I REALLY struggle with. My natural tendency is to be a peacemaker becuase my biggest struggle is people pleasing, therefore, I HATE CONFLICT! Depending on the situation, I react differently, which is very unfortunate for the person on the other end, especially when I'm pregnant!

I also battle conflict differently with each different person in my life. With some I'm more sensitive, and others I'm more forward. Either way it's NOT a fun process. But, no matter the outcome, I know that in doing so, I am being obedient to Christ. And whether I like it or not, doesn't quite matter. If I am a believer in Jesus Christ, a believer in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am called to be like Christ, and respond to conflict differently than how the world we live in responds to it.

So, this week (and hopefully always), I'm really trying to handle any and all conflict as Christ would have me do so. PLEASE pray for me, it's so hard and in my flesh I want to respond differently!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: