Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Week According to Facebook - Our Vail Family Vacation

So, this past week we've been in Vail, Colorado for our family vacation. We met up with my parents, Julie & Ben and Miriam and Anthony for the week and it was A-MAZ-ING!!!!! We flew out Saturday and flew back last night. Needless to say, it was not long enough! I'm already having withdrawls! Anyway, here's a TON of pics from our vacation and our week according to Facebook!


Our little guy on the plane on the way out to Colorado



A cool plane picture!

Hangin' with Daddy on the plane


Waiting in the airport


Caleb and Daddy in Vail Village along the Vail River!


Sweet Miriam!

Our family breakfast at "The Little Diner" (or what used to be DJ's Diner)

Another pic of Miriam!

Caleb eating bananas for the first time!

He did like them, despite the photos!


What a honey!

The playground/splash park in Edwards that we visited!

Laughing at Daddy!

Smiling for Mommy!
Vail Village



Me and my baby!



A Picture for my sweetie!

Just a gorgeous house in Vail. Wishing it was mine!

Caleb enjoying prunes for the 1st time!
Our "date night" in Vail which consisted of Filet at The Ore House, dessert at the Crepe/Gelato/Wine Bar and drinks at The Tap Room with Ben & Julie
The Fire Fountain!



My little man wearing big boy clothes for the first time! Even sneakers!






Our Family Photo!
My two favorite boys!!
M and my baby boy!!


Caleb holding his own bottle for the 2nd time!! Such freedom for this momma!

The Beaver Creek Rodeo, so much fun!!

The new Lionshead Square, missing what it used to look like, such a simpler life 10 years ago!



Beaver Creek






The Garcias!


The start of Miriam's many faces!




Anthony's famous Sunday at the Vail Chophouse!



The New York Philharmonic! What a great show Friday night!

Sisters!!




Hard to see, but it's the back bowls of Vail at night!
Gorgeous Vail Sunset! Oh how I miss seeing these more often!!

Just too cute not to photograph! My baby's feet crossed. He had them this way for quite some time, so stinkin' cute!!

Our week according to Facebook:

July 17:
"Packing up and going to bed...next time I log in I'll be in the beautiful mountains of Vail!"

July 19:
"Date: July 19th, Elevation: 8150, Teperature: 67 degrees, View: snowcapped mountains. And that's all I have to say about that!"

July 20:
"had a celebrity moment last night when I was walking back to the condo from Vail Village and saw Ryan Sutter drive by in the firetruck!!!"

"Making chicken enchiladas while watching a nice afternoon thunderstorm roll over the mountains in Vail...doesn't get much better than this!"

July 21:
"today's agenda: The Little Diner in Lionshead - 10 minutes, 90-minute massage - 10am, Beaver Creek Children's Museum - after lunch, BIG homemade dinner tonight with the fam at the condo. Seriously, why can't we all just live like we're on vacation?!?!?"

July 22:
"walked the Betty Ford Gardens today with Mom, Julie, Anthony, Miriam and Caleb. Great time while the boys are fly fishing today!"

July 23:
"had a GREAT day! Fun sister time, lunch and shopping and then Beaver Creek Rodeo! Gorgeous Day! Added more pics to the album..."

July 24:
"last full day in Vail, so very very sad..."

"is looking forward to the Chophouse in Lionshead and then the NY Philharmonic Symphony tonight!!"

July 26:
"is desperately missing the mountains but it's true, there's no place like home"

"is REALLY REALLY sad that I didn't say goodbye to my Dad before boarding the plane home yesterday. Dad, thank you for EVERYTHING, I love you so very much!!!"

"is L-O-V-I-N-G the thunderstorms, lightning and rain even though it would be that much sweeter if we were still in Vail!"

The End!








2 comments:

Self Family said...

Great pictures - so beautiful and some wonderful family shots. Looks like a very fun and relaxing week for sure. And very cute pics of Miriam and Caleb.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Vail Village to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane