Monday, May 9, 2011

8 Months

Oh dear me, Asher, you are such a honey! You are a handful too! We've been saying "he's teething" for the past what feels like 6 months, but in reality only about a month and a half or two months. Either way, we're trying to explain away you tendency to be a little more fussy than we're used to, when in reality, I just think you know your birth order, and realize that you just want some extra lovin'! We happily oblige, and for the most part, you calm right down and enjoy just sitting in our laps. You are completley sitting up, unassisted, and continue to roll across the apartment, which doesn't take long. You have recently started getting up on all fours, which means this momma needs to re-baby proof this home because it's not too far off that I know you'll be crawling all over, getting in to everything! Ahhh, I'm SOO not ready for you to be old enough to crawl! I still feel like I just had you yesterday!

You like to spit, and bzzzz with your lips (that's the only way I know how to explain it). And you LOVE to eat! Thankfully, I also know when to stop, and how to tell us you're done, so we aren't worrying as much about over feeding you. You eat everything, thank the Lord, and still take 3-4 bottles a day. You are still on a 2 nap schedule, 99% of the time, although in the past week or so, you've had a couple days of just one nap and seem to do fine. The only issue is that on those one nap days, you have been waking up in the middle of the night for a bottle, but then you go right back to sleep.

You love it when we get you naked, and you inevitably hate it when we put clothes back on you. You are SUCH a boy, and I love it!!

You are also trying to learn how to pull up to a sitting position from laying down and quite frankly, it's pretty funny and entertaining to watch! Here's the "pose" you get stuck in every time you try, so cute!

I cannot get over how your hair so naturally combs itself to the side. It makes you look so much older and more mature than you really are! Every time I see your hair perfectly combed, I picture attending your graduation from Harvard Law School, it just makes me giggle!
You are definitely a snuggler and will take every opportunity to cuddle us as possible, which isn't as often as I'd like!
Although your hair naturally falls in to place, if daddy works hard enough at it, you actually have some serious curls that form into a hilarious mohawk!
We had a bit of drama this month when you rolled off your changing table. I was standing right in front of you and somehow you snuck right past me. We both spent quite a bit of time crying, but you are completely fine, and daddy clearly did a great job comforting you.
You poor child. You have your daddy to thank for passing along his HORRIBLE allergies! Clearly we've got a long road ahead of us with this, at least for as long as we live in Texas. I'm so sorry honey, I will do everything I can to keep you feeling "average" since that's about as good as it will get until you are two and we can get some meds for you. So sorry sweetie!
You LOVE bathtime, still, and I couldn't help but post this awesome picture of you and the water!
And that face, oh the precious little face of yours. I just want to kiss it all day long!!
Clearly, I couldn't help myself, and I'm sure you will hate me one day for posting your "thunder thighs" picture on the blog, but honestly, I can't get enough of them. I find myself squeezing them all day, especially when they are clearly visible when you're in a onesie or romper. This picture doesn't do justice! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
My happy boy! I just love your smile!!
Asher, you bring such joy to my heart each and every day! You are such a treasure to me and I am so thankful the Lord blessed me with you! I love you so very very much and so does daddy!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: