Thursday, September 23, 2010

2 Weeks Old

Thank the Lord week 2 has been uneventful!!! Grandma and Grandpa Garcia came in town to visit and help me out with these two sweet boys and I am so grateful for that! Not to mention the fact that my mom, Grandma Preuss, stayed with us for just shy of three weeks as well! What a blessing it has been and it sure has made this huge adjustment not quite as overwhelming and daunting as I thought it would be!

Asher, you are a growing boy! When you were born, you weighed 8lbs. almost 3 oz. and was 19 1/4 inches long. When we left the hospital (1st time), you were 7 lbs. 11 oz. so you had lost a little bit of weight, but at your first doctor's appointment you were back up to 8 lbs. 5 oz.!! I wish I would have asked what your length was because I have a feeling you are going to be tall, you are so lengthy already!

You are doing great with being a formula baby, just like your brother. As sad as it was, I just wasn't producing the supply of milk that you need and honestly, just the thought of pumping, nursing and bottle feeding is overwhelming, especially with your big brother to take care of too. So, formula it is.

Another thing you like to do besides eat, is sleep, and boy oh boy do you do it well!! Because of the choking incident, we've got you sleeping in your bouncer seat right next to mommy's bedside. We'll continue this until about a month old and then re-evaluate to see if we're (and you) are ready to try sleeping back in the bassinet.

You smile in your sleep, and I've even heard you chuckle a couple times, it's so sweet! You make really loud noises when you are trying to poo, but I don't mind, any noise that comes out of you is still cute at this point!

People have different opinions as to who you look the most like, but I have to say, I think you look a lot like me, especially your profile.

Keep growing big boy, we love you very much!!



Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: