Thursday, September 16, 2010

1 Week Old

**This post is overdue, but I wanted to make sure it posted on his actual 1 week birthday*
Asher, you are one week old, and what a week it has been! Choking and turning blue is not at all what we had planned the day we brought you home from the hospital. Nor was spending an additional 48 hours in a different hospital with tests and blood work being run on your precious little body. I've tried to block out this event from my memory, but I just can't. Finding you in your bassinet struggling to take a breath was by far the scariest moment of my entire life. Once I was able to stop hysterically crying, we decided to take you to the ER just to make sure you were ok. We had no idea we'd be spending an additional 48 hours back in a hospital room. After all of the tests came back negative, and you were released with a 100% clean bill of health, we were able to FINALLY settle in at home and attempt to adjust to being a family of four. Then, what seemed to be the inevitable happened, mommy started bleeding really bad. Of course, the first thing that ran through my mind was that I was going to have to be admitted back in to the hospital and we were going to have to go through all of this over again. Thank the Lord that I didn't tear a stitch and that I only developed another interior hematoma that the Dr. told me would have to heal on its own and was able to go home.
Through all of this first week, all of the excitement, anticipation, stress, trials and emotional roller coasters, I praise the Lord that we are all healthy and at home. I praise the Lord that he was gracious enough to fill me with His overwhelming and truly unexplainable peace. As I was sitting in the hospital room with my sweet little Asher hooked up to an IV and a number of other wires and tubes, my mind continually went to Psalm 139:13-16, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
This sounds funny, but the Seeds Family Worship cd's were my saving grace. Hearing and singing those songs, bible verses really, in my head the entire 48 hours we were at Medical City, it truly brought so much peace to my heart. Specifically the Psalm 139 song (as mentioned above)!
Thank you Lord, for being so gracious and protecting YOUR child. Thank you for the reminder that Asher is YOURS, and I am merely blessed to be able to love and teach him during his time here on earth. May I be daily reminded of your grace and mercy, and unconditional love.
Happy 1 week birthday my precious angel! Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!!!


Be Blessed and Encouraged!


1 comment:

Emily Osborne said...

oh Jill, I am so sorry to hear how scary the first week was for you all! I am so happy to hear that week two did not have any more drama! what a praise that all his tests came back negative!! hope to see you all soon!