Friday, September 5, 2008

Small Blessings...

TGIF!!

As you saw in my last post, my favorite kitty, Babie was set to be put down this morning at 11am. I looked at the clock at 11:25 and tears started flowing, my Babie was gone. I waited and waited to get the phone call from my mom with the usual, "he was in no pain, everything went fine, etc...". When I finally received the phone call from my mom, she informed me that Babie was given a second chance (he must be on his 8th life now...)!!! "What?!?!?," I exclaimed with joy! The vet took a second look at the ultrasound they had done earlier this week and said that there was a possibility that some specific medication could take care of the issue. Babie bought himself at least another 1-2 months, PRAISE THE LORD!!

Really, this was a phone call I didn't expect and am counting my blessings! Although his days are numbered, just as it is for all of us, I'm choosing to remember all of the great times we've shared over the years and not wallow in sadness for when he really will go to pet heaven...

In other news, my sweet honey has been praying for "Caleb"! That's right, Aaron is calling baby by name! How precious that is to a mother's heart to hear! He has been so cuddly with me and my growing belly this week!! Rubbing and kissing it, and even speaking a few words to baby Caleb! Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it! This is something I have longed for and desired for so long, and he's doing it all on his own!! Thanks sweetie, for loving me and Caleb SOOOOOO very well this week!! It is such a blessing to be married to you!!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: