Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Challenge: Week 2

Week 2: March 11-17

This week has been challenging.  I've learned to give myself a TON of grace, and I've realized that I can plan as much as I want, and try as hard as I humanly can to stick to something, but I do not control everything.

My boys are sick, and have been sick all week.  It started out Monday morning.  Caleb woke up coughing and clear runny nose, what I thought were for sure allergies.  After all, the weather here in Dallas has been all kinds of crazy lately!  One day it's in the 50's and the next, in the 80's.  Well, Tuesday, Caleb woke up with what I've deemed "eye yuckies".  It's the nicest, least gross way to explain it that I could come up with, and one that Caleb would understand.  I did some research online, and since his actual eyes were still completely white, I knew it wasn't pink eye, and still deemed it allergies.  I even thought maybe he had an allergy to the new laundry detergent I was using, the homemade stuff I had made and started using Sunday night.  Well, by Wednesday, he was WAY worse off, and now was starting with a tiny cough, so I took him to the doctor.  Thankful I did, he had an eye infection.  Grateful that his ears, lungs and throat were completely clear, and got him some eye drops and we were on our way.  Note that during this time, he's been SUPER cuddly, and hanging on momma, which I TOTALLY take advantage of since he's not usually like this.  So, my time keeping the house clean, cooking, and so on has definitely been put on hold this week!

While I have stuck to the all natural and organic challenge with everything that I cook at home, with the sickness that has now been passed on to Asher, I must confess that we ordered in this week, and it wasn't anything even close to all natural or organic, it was Chinese, Wingstop and Pei Wei.  Ahhh, it feels good to get that out in the open!  And that is where my abundance of grace is.

So, to get to the fun stuff, here's what we ate this week:

Sunday: Chicken Chili
Monday:  Spaghetti
Tuesday:  Chinese
Wednesday:  Pancakes/Bacon
Thursday:  Maple Glazed Chicken
Friday:  Pei Wei
Saturday:  Wingstop

Wow, looking back, I don't think I realized how much we actually ate out!  We VERY RARELY eat out, especially that much in one week!  Ok, now I'm a little embarrassed!  Yikes!  As far as groceries, I purchased enough groceries to cook for 6 out of 7 nights, so technically, the groceries I didn't use this week, will roll over in to the next two weeks, which will be good on our grocery budget for the remainder of the month.

So, here's the cost breakdown for this past week:

Tom Thumb:  $81.15
Target:  $32.80
Sprouts:  $55.06
Natural Grocers:  $33.49

GROCERY ONLY TOTAL:  $202.50

I will say, I can definitely tell a difference in the way I feel, in the sense that the times we did eat out this week, I felt SUPER FULL, heavy and bloated afterwards, and on a night when I have cooked at home, I don't feel that way at all.  Other than that, I haven't noticed much else that's really different.

I'm really hoping this next week the boys will be healthier and back to actually eating again!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!



No comments: