Thursday, March 1, 2012

All Natural or Organic Month

So, last month was our no dining out month, and now, during the month of March, we are going to try something new.  A month filled with foods that are only organic or all natural.  I'm not sure I fully understand what I'm getting myself in to, but as soon as I mentioned it to Aaron he was completely on board (am I really that surprised?!?).

As the month goes on, I will be posting our weekly menu plan.  It might not look too different to start off with,  as far as the actual meals, but the biggest difference will be the actual ingredients in them.  I feel like we already use a fairly good amount of all natural or organic foods, such as pasta sauce, pop-tarts, etc..., but there will definitely be a challenge for me because I will be giving up my beloved strawberry toaster strudels, Aunt Jemima's buttermilk pancakes, ultimate buttery microwave popcorn, and so on and so on.  Definitely more work for me than Aaron, he's the ultimate healthy guy in the family!

So to start us out, here is our menu plan for the first few days:

Thursday:  Crockpot Roast, Potatoes and Carrots (haven't figured out bread yet, need to look in to my options with this one!)
Friday:  Guest Favorite Chicken (should be interesting...chicken, swiss cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, stuffing and butter)
Saturday:  Grilled Pork Tenderloin with veggies

I do my meal planning Sun-Sat, so I will post every Saturday what my meal plan is for the following week, as well as do a recap from the previous week.  And I'll also be updating with costs, so if you are reading these posts and have any ideas on how to save the most possible money on all natural or organic foods, I'd LOVE to know!  Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: