Wednesday, April 4, 2012

39 Months

So, I'm a little behind on the times, but want to get Caleb's last month up here because he is just growing sooo much!!  We've gone through another sick bout over this past month, including eye infections, allergies and asthma, but I am so thankful for modern day medicine, and am convinced that extra cuddling, hugs and kisses have the power to heal just as much as the medicine itself!  

This year's allergies have been absolutely ridiculous, and I know it's only going to get worse, so we've already started Caleb on daily allergy medicine.  Thankfully it's doing it's job, and allowing him to sleep at night!  But, with that, we're also going through a phase of waking up in the middle of the night and coming out of the room.  Sometimes he comes out ans just stands in the living room, almost creepy, and then other times he comes in to our room.  I always take him back to his room, tuck him back in bed, sing, pray and tell him some little story about a little bear who kept waking up in the middle of the night and how his momma had to keep taking him back to his little bear bed and tell him to go back to sleep.  It's really cute, if I'm honest, but I am starting to miss those full nights of sleep I had been getting there for a while!

Caleb, your love of puzzles has quickly expanded into a complete obsession!  You will do the same puzzle 20+ times in a row.  By the end of the 1st day with a new puzzle, I'm convinced that you have memorized where all the pieces go.  You definitely have your daddy's memory!

You have also memorized the first couple pages of one of your favorite VeggieTales books.  Here's a video of you "reading" (from memory):


Here are a few other pictures of this past month.

Proof of Caleb's continued obsession
 Bedtime stories with daddy!!
 My poor little sickling!  1st time we've ever had to deal with eye infections.
 Oh how this boy loves technology!
 Ok, funny story here...this is the parking lot of our church.  We were there on a Wednesday night serving, and after picking Caleb up from child care and getting him all the way to daddy's car, Aaron proceeds to pick him up to put him in and realizes that he has a blow out accident, all the way up his back.  Of course, I, the completely unprepared mom, has NO change of clothes, NO extra pull up, NO extra diaper AND NO wipes, anywhere to be found in the van.  I told Aaron to rush back inside with Caleb and see if the childcare people possibly have an extra pull-up we could have.  At least 15 minutes goes by, and out come my naked child, in a pull-up 3 sizes too big, socks and tennis shoes.  It was a moment I will NEVER forget!  ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!
 1st Bubble Bath!

 Experimenting with daddy

 Not sure the last time I saw Caleb smile this big!  He was having a blast in the kitchen with daddy!
 Playing on daddy's iPad while standing in a steamy bath to help with breathing, my poor boys!!
 Fell asleep watching Thomas at 6pm.  Almost missed eating dinner!  Poor little sick honey!
 Moment of truth:  toys are picked up during the day (amazing) and a couch and chair full of clean, unfolded laundry.  Hey, at least it's clean!  Not to mention those two little cutie patooties sitting on their own little couch!!


Overall it was a good month, a little rough, but good.  Thankful for this precious little man that amazes me more and more everyday!  Caleb, I love you more than I will ever be able to express in words!  You are a priceless treasure and I thank the Lord everyday for you!  What a blessing you are to Daddy and I!  I love you my sweet honey!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: