Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Our Christmas started off WAYYY earlier than we expected, 6:30am to be exact! Caleb was accidentally woken up and never went back to sleep, even after climbing back in bed with us! Asher, however, did fall back asleep with me until about 8:30, so that was nice! Anyway, once we were all up, we played with toys and such since Omar and Vicki and their boys went to spend the morning/lunchtime with her family. Caleb ended up taking his nap at 10:30am, and slept on Aaron in the rocker the whole time! WISH I had gotten a picture, but I ended up falling asleep as well! Needless to say, none of us really got going until at least 1pm! We got the turkey in the oven around 3pm, and once that was done, it was time to open presents. Caleb didn't really understand what was going on, he just wanted the wrapping paper off of his new toys! He made out like a bandit and we will be driving home with legos, TONS of Thomas stuff, including an automated train track, a set of wooden trains (Thomas), a Lightening McQueen "shaker" car, and SOOOO many more things! His favorite of the day was one of the trains from the track set, where you pushed a button on the top and it played the Thomas theme song. He must have played it at least 25 times today!

Caleb and Corbin have been having a blast playing together and Corbin is doing so well sharing with his younger cousin! Asher and Josiah did fabulous, except Asher had a little trouble with spitting up, and went a good 52 hours since his last poopy. Needless to say, the "present" he left Aaron today wasn't that pleasant!

Funny story...We got both sets of parents a digital frame for Christmas (thanks to a steal of a deal on Black Friday) and loaded them up with pics of the boys. Unfortunately, our memory card made a little mini trip to St. Louis with my parents frame! Since it was the card from our larger, nicer Canon, we couldn't just use our memory card from our Sureshot, so Aaron went out and picked one up Christmas Eve morning. I knew I would forget to pack something, and sure enough, I forgot to pack the camera's battery charger, YIKES!! So, we went through all the trouble to get a card so we could use the nice camera, and the battery ended up dying before we even opened gifts! Such a bummer!

We had a late dinner, but a fabulous one at that! A nice 20lb turkey, dressing, potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin and apple pie! We are stuffed, and I definitely look forward to leftovers! I always ask myself after Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, why I don't make this meal more often since it's my favorite one of the year! I guess if I made it too often, I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much the two times of the year that I get to eat it now!

We also celebrated Aaron's 30 birthday today! I was the first person to wish him a happy birthday at 12:06am, just as we were going to bed last night. And I think Corbin was next. I can't imagine how hard it must be to share your birthday with Jesus, but it seems to me that it gets a little easier every year. I am so thankful and blessed that the Lord created such a wonderful, loving, patient and leading man! He truly loves the Lord and our family more than I could ever have hoped for and I just love him so much! Happy Birthday sweetie!

Here are the only pics we got today. I'm semi-bummed, but thankful we at least got a couple action shots!!


Caleb's Christmas Sock Monkey PJ's! I think they might become a tradition, considering he had sock monkey pj's last year too, just in a different print and color!
Rosy cheeks chillin' with daddy!
Josiah and Asher became best buds today! It was so cute!


LOVE this pictures of the two youngens!!
SWEET Josiah! You are such a honey!!
Caleb playing with Corbin's old toy truck. All you do is push the button and it goes! He LOVED it!

Laughing at Corbin!!



"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..."
Josiah all tuckered out on momma!!
Asher hanging out with grandpa!
Caleb playing on his new thomas train track, with a 3 musketeers gotee!
Clean up time!
All smiles!!

We are infinitely blessed by all of the gifts we have been given, but are the most thankful for the gift of the Son, Jesus! We have so much to celebrate, but I was so sweetly reminded today that the gift of salvation is the greatest gift I could have ever received and accepted. As we were driving to Houston yesterday, I was listening to Chris Tomlin's Christmas CD and found myself crying such tears of overwhelming joy at the priceless gift God has given me. Salvation. I am so thankful and blessed to know Christ, to trust Him, to pursue Him (even though not perfectly), and to attempt to love the way He loves me. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of your Son, and the power of his birth, death and resurrection. May I be humbly reminded daily, of the greatness of this gift. Help me to honor you and love like you love.

As Linus so graciously put it 25 years ago...
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

That's what Christmas is all about friends and family! Merry Christmas!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: