Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Day To Remember

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010. Just looking at today, there really isn't anything special about the date. However, I do not want to forget today. It's not often, if ever, that I can say I had a perfect day with my sweet little boy. Caleb, Caleb, Caleb, where do I begin?!? I guess we could start with the fact that you slept in until 8:45am!! This is a HUGE deal for you since 95% of the time you are up by 7-7:30. I actually got to take a shower, shave, blow-dry my hair, get dressed, drink a cup of coffee and eat breakfast before you even opened your eyes. (Miracle #1)

As soon as I walked in to your room to get you up, you were in a GREAT mood. You were laughing, pointing at your toys, running around in your crib and kept saying, "mama, mama, mama". What a precious blessing to my heart to hear you say my name in that sweet little voice of yours! And to add to your cuteness is when you try and talk with your pacy in your mouth, it cracks me up!!

After a perfect diaper change with no poopies, and absolutely no attitude from you, we immediately started reading books and listening to music. (Miracle #2) I'm convinced this is your most favorite thing to do right now and I absolutely love it!! We took a break and ate some pancakes and cheese eggs for breakfast, again, with absolutely no attitude, and some super cute little moments, like when you burped and thought it was the funniest thing ever!

After breakfast, we got dressed and met Miss Julia and Miss Katie at Fellowship Dallas to have some fun playing together. You are SUCH a great friend and as I've said before, you THRIVE on being around other kids, your age or older. You laugh and get all giddy and silly and it's a side of you that is one of my favorite things about you!!

When we finished playing momma had to run an errand at the mall and you were SOOOO patient with me as you sat in your stroller and just talked to the people around you! Next we came home, ate our first grilled turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch and you were asleep by 1pm without ANY problems! (Miracle #3) While you were sleeping momma ate lunch and proceeded to take a WONDERFUL, MUCH NEEDED nap! Thank you for sleeping a full 2 hours so that momma could have a break! I know your naps are usually longer, but you slept in this morning, which I actually prefer!

When you (and I) woke up we had our snack, watched a little Dora, and then went back in the car to run a couple more errands. Again, you were absolutely perfect! The Post Office took a little longer than expected (when doesn't it?!?), and again, you just sat in your stroller, no fussing, complaining, whining, AND you talked up a storm with the other people waiting in line! (Miracle #4) Next, we hit up Target to get milk and a few other things, and you had so much fun people watching, and "holding" everything that momma was buying. You want to learn what EVERYTHING is and because of this, you repeatedly asked me what every single item in our cart was. You know I LOVE how inquisitive you are, you are such a smart little boy!!!

We got home late, and Daddy met us out at the car where you proceeded to get super excited to see him and wanted him to hold you and not put you down. We ate dinner, and you get your bath in with daddy, and went right to sleep.

Today was probably the best day we've had together, possibly ever! You are SUCH a joy to my heart, even not on days like this, but for today especially! I'm so thankful that the Lord gave us this precious time together, just the two of us today. I know it's not far away that I will forever have to split my time between you and Asher, so thank you Lord for giving Caleb and I today!

I love you more than I EVER thought it was humanly possible to love anyone, Caleb, and I thank the Lord for you every single day! You are a priceless treasure and I am so proud to be your momma!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: