Monday, March 29, 2010

iPhone Envy & Thoughts on Technology

In an effort to save money (we're kind of on a saving money kick right now), I have bowed out and given up my iPhone. This has NOT been an easy transition, for completely selfish reasons, however, I have noticed a significant difference in my everyday life because of it. I switched a couple weeks ago to MetroPCS, and although I really don't like the service, overall it's been a good experience so far.

My iPhone envy happens when I see Aaron playing Word With Friends, or checking e-mail or updating Facebook from his iPhone. But especially when playing Words With Friends, I really enjoy that game!

Since I've made the switch, the biggest change I have seen is that I spend less time on my phone and more time with my sweet boy! I'm realizing how much of a hold technology has on me, along with others too, I'm sure. As I've mentioned before I struggle with TV time. It's just easier to have it on in the background than have pure silence. I have my good days and my bad, and I am aware that the good days are 100x better than the bad, just as far as attitude, time spent with Caleb, energy and creativeness.

There are days that I wish we didn't have cable TV, and I look forward to the day when we get rid of it, honestly (which hopefully won't be too far off if we decide to move in May). Not only does it eat up hours during the day, but it also is an added cost that we don't need right now. Unfortunately, with teh apartment complex we currently live in, it's an automatic, mandatory payment each month. And that makes it difficult to pay for something and then not use it, so we do. (Yes, it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, to make it mandatory, and if I would have known the effect it was going to have, I might have pushed back a little more on moving to these apartments)!!

Needless to say, I'm excited that we're saving money (at least $60 a month just on my phone), and also that I'm spending more time with Caleb. He's such a honey, and the thought of having him to myself ending in a short 5 months makes me sad sometimes (even though I'm thrilled to meet this precious baby dos). I want to make the best of the time I do have with him, and this is a small start to doing that!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: