Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Big 3-0

I can't believe I'm actually writing this post. There's something about saying that I'm 30 that makes me feel like a grown up, yet I'm not sure I really feel that inside. The first 30 years of my life have been full of adventures, trials and memories. Stories that I will be telling my children and grandchildren for years to come!

Here's what my first 30 years included:

-Accepting Christ at the age of 3, 4, 7, 8 and 12 (I think that's it! I just wanted to be extra sure!)
-Attending 8 schools (K-12)
-Having two "boyfriends" in Kindergarten, who happened to be best friends
-Being a "lifer" at Kanakuk
-Being "too sick" to go to shcool, just so I could have more time with my mom and grandma
-Being stung by a bee while having a picnic in Colorado with some family friends. I was 8.
-Being an Angel Tree child for many years, I still remember some of the gifts I received from those sweet families!
-Growing up in youth group and taking a trip to Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH (random!)
-Watching my Mom graduate nursing school
-Living with my grandparents, MULITPLE times (who I adore with all I have in me!)
-Having my first kiss in 7th grade, at the exact same location in Colorado that I met my husband 9 years later (the Lord has such a sense of humor!)
-Becoming a "blended" family and gaining a sister only 4 months younger than me, at 15
-Cheering in High School
-Playing in the school band
-Getting caught smoking at a Friday night football game in my cheer uniform and getting ISS for 5 days
-Struggling with relationships with men until ultimately realizing that only the Lord can fill every void in my life
-Being baptized by Joe White in Tablerock Lake at 18
-Living with my best friend Jenny, while we worked at the same place (GREAT memories!!)
-Watching the Lord transform my relationship with my Dad and Sister (so thankful this is an ongoing process!!)
-Living in Vail, CO at 19 years old, which is where my biggest dream of all came from, to ultimately move back to the mountains (or foothills) of Colorado!
-Heartbreak at 21 - defining moment of my walk with the Lord even though I didn't know it at the time
-Moving to Dallas at 22 to be with Aaron (the Lord used him to get me here, to completely transform my heart and life!!)
- Having my first set of true, Godly girlfriends at 23 - still are, and always will be what I consider to be the beginning of a new chapter of friendships in my life (shout out...Mel, Becca, Rachel, Kelli - love y'all!!)
- Finding healing from past relationships and the heartbreak I experienced at 21 through the power of the Lord working in my life and transforming my heart
- Living in authentic community with our best friends ever!
- Going to the best church ever where I have experienced more life change in 7 years than I ever did in the first 23 years of my life! Praising the Lord for the ways he is working at Watermark!
- GETTING MARRIED!!
- HAVING OUR FIRST BABY!!!
- FINDING OUT WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!

There are so many other memories and experiences that I know I left out, but the ones I mentioned above were and still are defining moments that I will remember forever. I praise the Lord for continuing to pursue me and love me when I felt unlovable, to continue to challenge me in my walk with Him, and to place people in my life who spur me on to be a better woman, wife and mom. Praying that my next thirty years will reflect even more of the grace, love and mercy of our Heavenly Father!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: