Monday, August 25, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls!

This past weekend myself and a few girlfriends took a trip to San Antonio to see Beth Moore and of course, make a stop at the San Marcos Outlets. WE HAD A BLAST!!! I figured out it has been over 5 years since I had taken a girls trip anywhere and man was I WAY overdue! We had quite a few adventures on the way down, including an introduction for me to the famous Rudy's BBQ, being stuck in traffic for an hour and a half just go to two exits, and a torrential downpour!

If any of you have not seen Beth Moore in person, you must go!! She is absolutely AMAZING and so hilarious!! You can tell that she uses the gift the Lord has given her so well. Beth taught about our inheritance as daughters of Christ. The main verses she used were Psalm 15:5-6: "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."

She gave 8 points that are such simple truths, yet so hard for me to comprehend and process sometimes.

Point 1: I am an heir of God. My life is not left to chance.
He wrote all of my days before one of them came to be. That's what I think of when I read this. No matter how hard life gets, or what traumas, tragedies or triumphs I go through, He has already written all of my days, before one of them even came to be!! What an amazing promise!

This one kind of leads into a really neat quote that I received form a co-worker many years ago. I was going through a really hard time and was struggling with why different things were happening to me.

The quote is called, The Rest of Victory, "The is nothing - no circumstance, no trouble, no testing - that can ever touch me until first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, is has come with a purpose, which I may not understand at the moment, but as I refuse to become panicky, as I life my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God, for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever distrub me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is. This is the rest of victory."

Point 2: I am an heir of God. I am inheriting a kingdom.
Our inheritance here on earth is God's property. We are here to grow and multiply the inheritance He has given us, in order to bring him glory and honor.

Point 3: I am an heir of God. He is my portion...and I am His.
My God considers ME riches, beyond any silver or gold, because I am His inheritance and he sees glimpses of Christ in me!

Point 4: I am an heir of God. the down payment has been made.
The "down payment" for my life was made by Jesus Christ when he died on the cross for ME!

Point 5: I am an heir of God. My boundary lines form a pleasing place.
We always want God to work through us, yet He wants to work IN us! He can only use us to the extent that we allow Him, to the extent of our personal relationship with Him, to the extent of what areas of our life we choose to let Him invade. Is God invading all of me? What areas of my life is He not invading, and why? If I know where I am going (heaven) that shouldn't effect my past, because it doesn't matter where I've been, or what I've done, or who was before me and what they have done, my life is in YOU LORD!!

Point 6: I am an heir of God. The will has been activated.
Hebrews 9:15-17, 26: "Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occured that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. For a will can take effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive...Bus as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

Because Christ died, my will has been activated and my inheritance is alive!

Point 7: I am an heir of God. I can be secure.
If only we women could get the one, Satan would no longer have a stronghold! We would not crave the attention and affirmation from others in an unhealthy way! If I could wrap my mind around the fact that I AM SECURE IN CHRIST, wow, how different would my life, my thought process and my actions be?!?! I have to be the one to change because the culture and this world will not!! I should never pray for an easier life, but pray to be a stronger woman of God! I AM HIS MIRACLE!!

Point 8: I am an heir of God. I have a beautiful inheritance.
Because Jesus Christ is the first born son, and because I am a child of Jesus Christ, that makes me a co-heir and I will receive a double portion!

I'm sure some of you are completely overwhelmed trying to take all of this in, and believe me, I am still trying to and it's been two days since the conference even ended!

On another note, the worship was absolutely amazing! I've always loved music, but when I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in my heart, there is nothing more pleasing to me than falling on my face and worshipping my Lord through song! I can be honest here and say thought, that I didn't make it through a single song with crying. Tears of joy, tears of relief, tears of overwhelming peace, tears of love, all for my sweet Savior. The Lord had a COMPLETE hold on my heart this weekend.

Thank you Lord, for becoming real to me in a way that is inexplainable in words! Help me to live out the passion I have for you, in my everyday life, in my relationships with other, so that they may see your Son in me.

How could I end this post without a picture?!?!? Enjoy!



The girls! (Ashley, Jen, me and Karla)
Be Blessed and Encouraged!

1 comment:

Weatherly said...

Hey Jill! Thanks for your sweet note...I guess I have Aaron's blog listed on our personal blog: www.jmandw.blogspot.com. Congrats on the pregnancy! You already look darling in the photos. I'll send you an email, but I'd love to feature you and your journals on Spotlights On...!