Monday, August 25, 2008

Express Yourself! Creations Updates

Wow! A ton has been happening in my little business world lately and I realized I have not shared on here about it!For those of you who don't know, I started my own business in March 2007 (no, not a pyramid business, my own acutal company). I have to give all the credit to my dear husband, who encouraged me after months of "giving away" free handmade gifts, to start my own business and make myself a little extra money! Of course, I "heeded his direction" and boom! Express Yourself! Creations was born. While my products have transformed increasingly over the months, I do still keep my original ideas in practice and just continue to add on the new ones! Here's the list of products that I currently make/sell that I can think of:

Baby Books
Baby Schedule Book
Pregnancy Journal
Altered Composition Notebooks
Wire Bound Lined Journal
Appointment Planners
Student Planners
Address Books
Altered Clipboards (great teacher gifts!)
Recipe Binder
Notepads Guestbooks (wedding, baby showers, etc...)
Notecard Sets with or without matching Tin (Thank You's, Any Holiday, Any Occasion, etc...)**
Picture Frames**
Recipe Box**
Greeting Card Box**
Wall Calendars (only available to purchase Sept - Nov for 2009 editions)**
Checkbook Covers**
Desktop Flip Calendars**
Fridgepads**

WOW! I don't think I realized how many products I actually have! How cool! (Any product with the ** next to it means that it's a new product of mine!)

Ok, so to move on, my products have recently been featured on two different blogs (yay! so excited!!):

http://theskinnyonmatilda.blogspot.com/2008/06/can-she-spin-straw-into-gold-too.html

http://raechele.blogspot.com/2008/08/get-organized.html

Some other HHHUUUUGGGGGEEEEE news is that I have finally received my first wholesale account request, and what better way to enter the world of wholesaling but through an amazing organization called Crickett's Answer for Cancer! Crickett's is a Breast Cancer Foundation that provides breast cancer patients with wigs and other pampering services when they themselves cannot afford it due to the rising costs of long term illness medical bills. Their website is:

http://www.crickettsanswerforcancer.org/

Crickett's has decided to purchase custom day planners, picture frames and notecard sets with the matching tin. All of the products will be sold to them at wholesale costs so that they can mark them up and 100% of the profits will go towards the foundation in order to provide for cancer patients who are overwhelmed with medical bills and won't have the opportunity to "beautify" themselves during this process. While I do believe our inner beauty is always greater than our outer beauty, I can't imagine what a sweet woman goes through during cancer. With my grandmother being a breast cancer survivor, I felt VERY called and excited to be able to support this organization in whatever way possible! Please be sure to check out their website, they have partnered with other creative ladies and have an array of great products available for purchase (mine soon to be included!).

I wanted to post a few pics of some of my favorite products, old and new, and point you to my website: http://www.jigarcia.etsy.com/.

Plaid Checkbook Cover

Personalized Cherish Day Planner

Breathe Day Planner

Bandana Composition Notebook

Just Be You Teacher Lesson Planner

Centerpiece Picture Frame

Centerpiece Fridgepad/Notepad

Custom Frame for Crickett's Foundation

Custom Frame for Crickett's Foundation
Custom Notecards for Crickett's Foundation (Outside)

Custom Notecards for Crickett's Foundation (Inside of card above)

Custom matching Card Tin for Crickett's Foundation and additional cards


Be Blessed and Encouraged!



1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow, Jill, all of your stuff is gorgeous! I've looked at your site before but it has been a while...you have added a lot.

Congrats on the wholesale order. That is so exciting!