Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome 2012!!

New Year's Eve was quite uneventful for us this year, as it has been for the past few years since having little babies, but I LOVE being at home, in my pj's and watching the ball drop cuddled on the couch next to my honey!  We managed to stay up just long enough to see the ball actually drop at midnight and then quickly went to bed, knowing we would be up early in the morning with the boys.

So, each year, I try to think up some "resolutions" for the new year, and fail at almost all of them, so this year I'm trying to keep it simple and go with some that I've already implemented, but just need to improve on.

1.  Declutter - When I start feeling chlostrophobic, I know it's bad.  We are so blessed to have all the things we do, but I know that there are others who could benefit greatly from things that we just don't use or no longer have a need for.  So this is my biggest GOAL (not resolution) for this year, is to declutter!  Preferably before May, in case we actually move when our lease is up, but I'm not putting pressure on myself to be finished by then.

2.  Get to the Gym.  Yes, this is everyone's resolution I'm sure, but I have a jump start in the sense that we already have had a membership to our local YMCA since August, and I've actually used it!  My goal is to go 2x a week and then try to do a short workout at home 1x a week.

3.  Continue to be consistent in my time with the Lord.  Since the summer, I've been doing the Hello Mornings challenge from Kat over at InspiredtoAction.com and it has definitely helped me to stay motivated and actually get up in the early morning and spend time with my Savior!

4.  Be more intentional with my boys. Spend more quality, focused time with them and to be intentional about teaching them Scripture, praying with them more and reading a LOT more books!

And that's all that I'm going to focus on for now.  If I overload myself, I know I will quit early on and fail, so keeping it simple is key!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: