Monday, January 9, 2012

16 Months

16 Months.  Wow.  Asher, you are growing so rapidly!  You are full on running, and even trying to talk!  You said your first word, Dada, of course, and have made many attempts to speak since then!  SO COOL!  Each day with you brings so much joy to my heart, even in the moments where you rebel against my better judgement, like trying (and succeeding) at removing the outlet covers, climbing on daddy's toolbox and attempting to stand up, and so much more normal things for a boy!  You are full of adventure for sure!  

You also LOVE to get out of the house whenever possible.  As soon as you see mommy put my jeans on, you know we're about to leave and you either go sit right next to your shoes, or you pick them up, bring them to me, and then sit down in front of me so I can put them on you.  

You are your own little man in the sense that as soon as you wake up from nap or in the morning, you immediately stand up and start talking or even yelling sometimes, just to make sure I know you're awake!  Thankfully, you have been known to sleep in past your brother in the mornings!

This past month we had another bout of sickness, another round of RSV, steroids, breathing treatments and loss of sleep.  Oh how I pray that 2012 will be a MUCH better year for us as far as our health in concerned!  Thankfully, you were 95% better by Christmas so we were still able to go and visit Grandma and Grandpa in Houston!

Each day is a joyous adventure with you my little honey!  I love you so much and thank the Lord for you each and every day!
My little sickling, this was just the beginning...
 Clearly, he doesn't feel good, but that little tiny glimmer of a smile just makes my heart happy!
 I truly think he enjoyed his breathing treatments because he knew how much better he would feel afterwards, even at such a young age...
 for some reason, every time a suitcase comes out, they both want to sit on it ALL DAY LONG!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: