Monday, July 4, 2011

30 Months

Caleb, you are 2 1/2 years old today! Gosh, I can still remember the first time I held you in my arms, and now you are a full-fledged toddler, truly living up to every 2 1/2 year old expectation! This past month we've had lots of adventures, but the biggest one was taking on the task of potty training you. Oh boy, there is NOTHING that could have prepared me for this! I am convinced that it was more difficult than anything else I've done as your mom. Holy cow. We took the first weekend of June and were home bound for almost a full week while I did so much laundry that I felt like my washer/dryer could easily break at any moment from over-stimulation! And even so, you did exceptionally well, except for day four. That is a day I will remember forever as one of the most difficult days of my life. Seriously. Potty training is not for the faint of heart. Although neither is mothering!

Anyhow, you are continuing to grow and are developing in to such a sweet little man. You are passionate and have the temperament of your mother, and I'm not convinced that's a good thing yet! You like to scream in rebellion, which often lands you a spot on the timeout mat by thr front door, followed by either more screaming or crying. Thankfully, the two minutes you sit there really help you to calm down, and when I ask you to come see me when your time is up, you always respond with a "yes mam" and a "sorry mommy" and then some snuggles, which in turn MELTS MY HEART to its core! Overall, you are a wonderful, mild tempered boy who loves playing trains, building blocks, lego houses and watching videos!

your big boy undies getting ready to be washed and worn for the 1st time!
I couldn't help myself! You look so stinkin' cute in your big boy undies!!
This is what we do in the summer, we wear our winter gear around the house!
Pointing out his four buddies that he sleeps with! Monkey, George, Froggy and Doggie!
His sleeping buddies!

Just a little raspberry fun at lunch!
Playing trains with Asher! Oh how they LOVE playing trains together!
"Hi mommy!"

My sweet boy! Oh how I love you so much honey! You bring such joy in to my life and I thank the Lord for you every single day!! I love you, son!! Happy 2 1/2 birthday!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: