Saturday, July 9, 2011

10 Months

Oh Asher, you are irresistible!! Your personality is blooming more and more each day and it is such a joy to see who you are becoming! You love your brother, and follow him everywhere! Some of your newest tricks, challenges and favorites from the past month are:
1. You are on three solid meals per day - WOO HOO!
2. You are obsessed with demolishing the train table, multiple times a day, and have such a fun time doing it too!
3. You also love our Lightening McQueen "shake n go" car and you will play with that on your own for 30-45 minutes at a time!
4. You enjoy getting out of the house, but do NOT like when the car is stopped, say at a red light or stop sign. You go in to full screaming mode, even with a pacy in!
5. You love to play on Caleb's bed with him, bouncing around and "wrestling" with him, it's so cute, and just a small glimpse in to what our world will look like in another 5 years!
6. You are full fledged crawling, AND walking along any piece of furniture you can find! Oh. My. Goodness. I'm not sure I'm ready for you to be walking on your own yet, even though I don't doubt you will be doing so by the end of summer!
7. Your top two teeth have now popped through and my goodness what a challenge that was. Crying and screaming for 4 hours one night, whew!
8. You have gone back to waking up most nights. Sometimes its only 15-30 minutes, but most nights it's at least 1 1/2 hours, sometimes up to 3 hours. I'm learning that this stage is even harder than newborn because at least then, I could give you a bottle and you'd be back to sleep right away. Now, I can give you a bottle, but you still choose to stay awake, and the only way you are quiet is if I'm rocking you.
9. You recently had Croupe, for the first time ever, and I NEVER want to have to deal with that again! Multiple rounds of steroids, antibiotics for an ear infection, and many days of breathing treatments. YUK!!! Seriously, sickfest 2011 needs to be done with, NO MORE SICK BABIES!!!
10. Dr. C thinks you might have a wheat allergy/sensitivity and so we've cut out any wheat from your diet and you are doing great without it! No problems eating, and no fussiness afterwards, so we will stick to this path for a while!

Overall, it's been a good month, if only we could get you back to sleeping through the night! We will be working on that this month and praying for rest for this extremely exhausted momma! Here are some of my favorite shots from the past month, enjoy!









I've nicknamed you my little senator, with your perfectly placed hair. it truly does that all on it's own and I can't help but look at you and envision some type of serious career ahead of you! With that said, you are also growing to be a very big and strong boy, maybe some type of sport is in your future too! Either way, I LOVE your hair, and those big puppy dog brown eyes too!

This picture is for sentimental reasons only. It's the first time Asher wore two piece pj's, and they were Caleb's! So sweet!!

Asher, you are SOOO VERY VERY loved by so many people, but more than anyone, by me and daddy! You bring us endless joy, and challenge us as well! We are so blessed to have you, and thank the Lord each day for your little life! We love you sweet honey!! Happy 10 month birthday!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

1 comment:

Katie said...

He is such a cutie pie!! I love all his different expressions. I'm like you...two-piece PJs are sentimental to me because they mark a transition away from the "newborn" or "infant" stage. And I'd think it would be great for him to walk soon - that means he and Caleb could both play at mall playgrounds, Chick-fil-a, etc. That would be awesome!