I can't believe an entire month has already flown by! My sweet Asher, the 1st month of your life has been quite an adventure! From multiple hospital stays, to not being able to nurse, to full-time formula feeding, family visits to sweet friends bringing us meals three nights a week, precious little gifts for you precious boy, getting some serious love from all of your friends, and settling in to our new normal routine with big brother. There are so many moments I never want to forget!!
Interesting bits from the 1st full month of your life...
1. At birth you weighed in at 8 lbs. 2.8 oz., at 1 month old, you weigh 10 lbs. 13 oz.(75%)!!!
2. At birth you were 19 1/4 inches long, at 1 month old, you are 22 1/4 inches long (75%)!!!
3. At one month old, you are eating every 3-4 hours during the day and every 5-6 hours at night! It doesn't end there, you are already drinking on average, 6 ounces per bottle!!! (No wonder your double chin and upper thigh rolls are already starting to appear!)
4. You have already started responding to mommy & daddy by giving us smiles and cooing at us when we talk to you.
5. You make it VERY difficult to change your diaper, and you HATE the cold wipes that we use (maybe I should have invested in a wipe warmer)
6. You have graduated back in to our walk in closet (your makeshift room until you are sleeping through the night), and I think you like it much better in there where it's darker and quieter. We definitely like having you close, but still far enough away that we can both get good sleep in between feedings
7. You have been poked and prodded with more needles than I'd honestly like to remember, but I praise the Lord everyday for creating such a perfect and healthy sweet little baby.
We are blessed beyond measure to be able to care for you during your time here on this earth. We know you are not ours, but are humbled that the Lord has entrusted you to us. Know that daddy and I are already praying that you fall in love with Jesus, and allow Him to use you in mighty ways, for you are fearfully and wonderfully made!!! We love you little man!!!
Still can't believe that in 5 hours, we got from here...
1st picture as a family of four!
Grandma and Papa
Katie & Jarret
A mere 24 hours old!
Your "extended" stay (2nd hospital visit), at Medical City Dallas Children's Hospital
Home sweet home!
Be Blessed and Encouraged!