Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Little Dose of Reality

Did you know that when you have a 21 month old and an almost 6 week old, it's VERY rare to have any time to yourself?!? In fact, I could probably count on one hand, how many hours during the day that I've had to choose what I wanted to do.

Please don't hear me complaining by any means. I absolutely LOVE my calling as a mom, and I am daily reminded that it is a gift and a blessing to be able to stay at home with my boys. My point is that kids are a learning curve. I am learning that the selfishness that initially reared its ugly head when Caleb was born, has automatically doubled in quantity over the past few weeks. The time of day that this selfishness comes out the most is during Caleb's nap time. It just seems that as soon as Caleb goes down, Asher wakes up. And even though Asher is super easy (HUGE blessing), I still can't bring myself to relax/take a nap while he's awake.

This dose of reality has been eye opening, and humbling, to say the least. Before today, I couldn't tell you how long it had been since I opened up my Bible. Quiet times have been pretty much non-existent for the past few weeks. Thankfully, prayer and memorizing scripture has kept me sane. And that's where today comes in. Today, Asher and Caleb both slept, at the same time, for two hours!!! And you know what I did?!? I ate lunch, read my bible, and even read part of the two books I'm currently reading! OH MY GOSH!! It was awesome!

I don't think it gets much better than journaling and reading my bible, while watching my sweet little babies sleep! Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayer and giving me a little bit of a break, so that I could spend time with you! And thank you for my precious boys, I am SO blessed!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: