Tuesday, August 4, 2009

7 Months Old

My sweet baby Caleb, today you are 7 months old! I say this every month, but I can't believe how big you are getting! You are growing WAY too fast! You have changed and grown so much this past month. You are doing so many new things...

You smile more times a day than I can keep track of!
You explore so many things, anything you can find on the rug, how many times you can roll across the floor before you get to the entertainment center, or what new object you can get into your mouth!
You are a true daddy's boy! You get giggly and excited when he walks in the door from work.
You continue to make new and different faces, noises and moves!You L-O-V-E food! You will eat anything that mommy feeds you!
You have started sitting up on your own, even if only for 5-10 seconds!





This is what I get to wake up to every morning and see when I come to get you up from your naps. You giggle and move around so excitedly, and that makes this momma super happy!

You like your exer-saucer more than any other toy (who wouldn't!?!)
You have your two bottom front teeth and we think your top ones aren't far from breaking the surface either!
You are enjoying your new carseat because you can FINALLY see out the window! Mommy likes this one becuase I can have your mirror up and see all the fun faces you make as we're on the road.
You like your paci's but are still at the stage where you could go without and do just fine. We'll see how this goes in the future.
You are the cutest naked baby EVER! I just can't get enough of those precious rolls!
This might be one of my favorite pictures of you yet, you handsome little man!
Our first family vacation to Vail in July! You did outstandingly well and had no trouble adjusting to the altitude changes, time change or schedule change
More smiles!


Your first big boy outfit! Oh I could just not get enough of you in your polo, jeans and sneakers! Who says you can't have as much fun dressing a boy!
Chillin' in the shades


You and me! What a fun pic!

My favorite family photo to date!

Rolling around, still the only way you get from one place to another

"I really do like the food, mom!"

Standing for the 1st time (with daddy's help of course!)
We're definitely going to have to get you one of these, you loved it!







Cuddling with daddy (jealous mommy is taking the picture!)
Such a honey!

One of our 1st trips to the grocery store, sitting in the actual grocery shopping cart. He thoroughly enjoys shopping with mommy, there's so much to look at!
Holding his own bottle!


Such sweet chunky feet, I couldn't help myself!
There are so many things I want to remember from this month of your life.

1. You are my little roly poly. You get across the living room in 5 seconds or less.

2. You aren't crawling yet, but you get up in crawling position and just turn around in circles and then you lay on your side and push with your foot. That's another way you get across the room!

3. You are consistently eating all the solid foods I have given you. You like peas, carrots, bananas, pears, prunes, green beans, squash and sweet potatoes. Mommy is LOVING making your food for you and feeding you is one of the highlights of my day!

4. When you finish lunch, I walk back in to the kitchen to get a wet washcloth to wipe your face and we play a little game of hide and seek. You just think it's so funny when I pop my head back up to see you, and then when I walk back you already know why I'm coming and what I'm going to do because you scrunch up your sweet big brown eyes and hold out your hands as I wipe your face and fingers off! You love it!

5. Your nap schedule is still changing but 85% of the time you're down to two naps a day.

6. You still love music and dancing along has become a normal occurance.

7. Bathtime with daddy is one of your favorite times! Splashing in the water and having daddy there with you I know is so much fun, for both you and especially for him!

8. You are a drooling machine! It's not unusual to go through two or three burp cloths a day, and at least two to three onesies as well!

9. You are learning what your lungs are and mommy and daddy are losing our hearing becuase of it! You scream quite a bit and at VERY high volumes for such a tiny being. It never seems to be when you're angry or anything, just because you can.

10. You do a great job of letting us know when you are tired. Rubbing your eyes, burrying yourself in one of us, or in the carpet for that matter, and sometimes just being fussy. As soon as we put yo down after you've given us these signals, you are usually asleep within 5 minutes.

11. You have adjusted so very well to the cloth diapers and I can definitely tell a difference in you when you are wearing them vs. disposables. I think you get aggitated or annoyed when we put you in sposies, but the only time we do is for church or if you have a rash.

12. Your personality is coming to life more and more every day. There are some days where you remind me so much of your father, and then there are others when it feels like I'm looking in the mirror. I love watching you as you develop into your own little person and I just can't wait to see who you become as you grow up. Hopefully you'll have the humor from daddy and the sensitivity from me!

13. Your hair is growing!! And it's so cute because there is a tiny bunch on top of your head that sticks straight up! It's precious!

14. You adjust to pretty much anything, and believe me when I say that this is an answer to prayer for this momma! I prayed so long for a healthy, chill baby and the Lord has COMPLETELY answered my prayers!

15. From day one of finding out I was pregnant with you, you have been such a joy to my heart. I knew you would be a blessing, but never imagined life could be so sweet. Every morning I am awakened by your sweet talking I just lay in bed for a moment and think how precious you are to me and how grateful I am to the Lord for the gift he gave me through you! I pray for many many many more years with you here on earth!

I love you more than my words could ever express, my sweet Caleb. You are a blessing, a joy, a learning experience, and my son and there is nothing in this whole world that could ever change the way I feel about you!

Happy 7 month birthday Caleb!

Love,
Mommy






No comments: