Monday, June 22, 2009

A Weekend of Firsts...

So this past weekend was a weekend of firsts! Caleb's first swim, Aaron's first Father's Day andCaleb cut his first tooth!! What a great weekend it has been!

Saturday morning, after a night with my small group girls, Aaron and I thought it would be fun to introduce Caleb to the pool! We had a great time, even though we were only there maybe 20 minutes. Caleb seemed to like the water just fine, but he was already tired when we got there so it definitely didn't last long before he was ready for his afternoon nap. Here are some cute pics from Caleb's first swim!






This weekend was also Aaron's first Father's Day! Since we didn't get any pics of my first Mother's Day (I'm still a little bitter about this), I promised myself I would get at least one picture for Aaron's first Father's Day. We had already gotten home and put on our comfy clothes, but I was determined to get at least one pic, so here is it!



Our other fun news from this weekend is that Caleb FINALLY cut his first tooth! It's hard to see here because it just cut through the skin within the past couple days so it's not that far out yet, but you can definitely feel it and if you look close enough in person, you can see it too! SOOOO exciting since he'sbeen teething for the past couple months. I still can't believe my baby has his frist tooth and is almost 6 months old already! Time is going by too fast, you must stop growing Caleb!!!

Also, Caleb is in transition to only 2 naps per day. Some days it goes well, and then other days it's super hard, like today! His shorter nap has only been 45 minutes - 1 hour long, but his afternoon nap has been at least 2 hours long. He's been awake from about 4pm - 6:30 or 7pm.

And finally, Caleb is now into exercising his lungs! He has been doing this whole screaming thing for the past week or so. It was cute and funny the first couple days, now it's a little overwhelming. He's not crying or unhappy or hungry or anything, he just wants to scream. Aaron still thinks it's cute, but he isn't home hearing it during the week...Oh well, it's a phase and I'm sure someday I'll miss hearing it, so I'll try to enjoy it as long as I can!

I love you so much sweetie and am loving being at home with you and watching you grow!

Happy Father's Day honey! You are the best Daddy in the world and Caleb and I are so very blessed to have you leading our family! I love you so very much!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

1 comment:

JulieL said...

At that age Anthony started growling - allll tthhheee timmmmeeee. He'd get looks and comments out. Lots of times people said, Does he have a dog? I answered, yes - tired mama's don't like to have to explain their silly boys all the time!