Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

This Christmas was wonderful, we got to spend it in our own home! Aaron's folks came up from Houston and got in Christmas morning around 10am. Since Aaron and I were both up about 8, we decided to open presents from my parents as well as the gifts we bought each other. We both made out like bandits this year, both from family and from each other! I got everything on my very short list and Aaron, well, Guitar Hero World Tour, cash and 9 (yes 9) Blue Ray movies, sounds pretty great to me.

We also shared a VERY hearty, traditional Christmas dinner, which tasted absolutely amazing! I got to use my new Kitchenaid mixer for the first time and made Aaron his birthday cake, just as requested! Thanks for the recipe Kars!

Although we had a gret Christmas, opening all our gifts and such, one of my favorite things we got to do this year was attend Watermark's Christmas Eve service. We haven't been able to go for probably 5 years, so staying up until 11pm for this year's service was extra fun for me! There's nothing like hot cocoa, Christmas carols and the Gospel being shared!!

Anyway, Christmas was so wonderful this year, and Caleb decided to stay put, which I know has made Aaron and very happy daddy!

Here's some quick photos...enjoy!
Our Christmas Tree

Our little village, each year we add one large "building" and a couple small things. This year, the Grocer was our newest big addition, and we also added the postal worker and the fireman with the dog as our small additions

Aaron, Dad & Mom Garcia playing a little Guitar Hero

Aaron, Dad & Mom Garcia playing a little Guitar Hero

Be Blessed and Encouraged!








No comments: