Thursday, July 17, 2008

Little updates full of love!

Some of you may know that I make handcrafted pregnancy journals, baby books and many other "crafty" items. Well, I FINALLY sat down this morning and caught up on my own pregnancy journal that I am writing. I didn't realize how much time I let go in between journal entries and updates on everything! As I was updating, I was almost at a loss for words, just feeling so overwhelmed with joy from the Lord for this precious little life, or bean-o as I call our baby, that is growing inside me. Each week I get a couple different e-mails that tell me what stage our baby is at. Being 14 weeks along now, our baby is between 3.2-4.1 inches long and weighs almost an ounce! Our baby has fingerprints! Our baby can frown, squint, pee and possibly suck it's thumb! I'm am continually amazed at the intricate work of the Lord and how he formed each one of us in the womb. I have repeatedly talked to our baby and have told baby my favorite verses in the Bible, Psalm 139:13-16.

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them."

My prayers expand from growing a healthy baby to praying for the spiritual life that I pray our baby will have when he/she is old enough to understand who Jesus Christ is and what He did for him/her and everyone on this earth.

On another note, the true realization of becoming a mommy was a nice surprise this morning. Aaron tends to leave for work before I'm even out of bed in the morning. This morning, as I was leaving the house, I picked up my purse which had a hand-written note in it (he knows my love language is words of affirmation). Here's what it said:

"Sweetie -

I am getting excited more and more each day for our little one to see the world! I love you so very much and I am looking forward to the day when you get to experience the desire of your heart, being a mommy! Have a wonderful day! Love me!"

I think the Lord really used his words to reveal to me that my dream is coming true, each and every day that this little life continues to grow and develop inside me, I am living out my biggest dream and desire in life, being a mommy! Even now, I consider myself a mommy! I love it!!!

And what more could I ask for in a husband? Aaron is such an amazing husband, and even more, a man of God! He loves me more than I could ever ask for! My life is richer because he is a apart of it! I love being married to my best friend!! I love you honey!!

Thanks to all of you who read this blog, I hope I'm in some way an encouragement to you, through the hands of the Lord!

Be blessed and encouraged!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Jill, I have a "my breast friend" nursing pillow (similar to a boppy). Do you want it? I just never used it, but you might like it.

Madison Kerner said...

Jill! I am so excited for you guys! You are going to be amazing parents, and I know you will raise this child to be in love with the Lord.

Can't wait to hear more and so excited about you blog (I'm kind of obsessed with writing/reading blogs).