Tuesday, July 22, 2008

10 Things You May Not Know About Me!

Here are 10 of my deepest, darkest secrets (ok, well maybe I'm going a little overboard, but...)

1. I'm addicted to writing pens. I will buy any fun looking pen and if I don't like it, I might just throw it out. I prefer the really thick ink flow the most. And it can't be just boring black. This obsession started at the age of 3 or 4 when I got the best Christmas present ever, a box filled with crayons, markers, pens and pencils, and an entire stack of printer paper (there had to have been at least a few thousand sheets in there!!). I think my mom still has the remains of that box somewhere in the storage unit!

2. I cheated in Spanish my Junior year in high school, our whole class did, talk about peer pressure, right!?!?!

3. I once packed my little suitcase and threatened my mom saying that I was going to run away. I don't remember the reason, but I'm sure it was something so huge for an 8 year old! I actually got out our front door and down the stairs of our apartment building and realized that I forgot to pack any snacks, so I went home!

4. When I was seven, I stole a slurpee from 7-11. Well, I filled up my cup, drank half of it and went back to refill it. At that point, I got caught by my mom and she made me apologize to the store clerk, and I had to pay for it out of my allowance from that week.

5. At one point in time I wanted 18 (yes, 18) children. There was an elderly lady who lived in our apartment building (a different one than mentioned above) who had 18 children and she was just the sweetest old lady I had ever met, outside of my own grandma of course! I came to grips with the fact that while the idea was nice, the work load would be just too much for me to handle!

6. I had two boyfriends in kindergarten, and they were best friends. YUK!

7. I became a believer at the ripe young age of 3, and then again at 4, and then again at 7. I just wanted to be absolutely sure that I was going to Heaven, the other place scared the bejeebers out of me!!

8. I was baptized on my half birthday when I was 18. It was EARLY morning at K-2 in Tablerock Lake and Joe White did the honors. I will never forget that day!!

9. My favorite memories from growing up were all the Thanksgiving holidays that my entire family would come in to town for. We would all pile into Grandma & Grandpa's house in Kirkwood and eat and eat and eat. Then we would watch the famous Turkey Day Game (oldest high school rivalry west of the Mississippi - Kirkwood H.S. vs. Webster H.S. Thanksgiving Day football game). We dressed Uncle Troy up probably more than he would have liked, but he was always a good trooper!!

10. I always wanted to be a veterinarian, until I found out that I would have to "kill animals" (or put them to sleep because they were sick). Once I heard that, my dream was shattered and I moved on to wanting to be a full time mommy!

I might try to do this every so often, just because it's always fun to learn little facts that don't normally come up in regular conversations! Hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!


No comments: