Thursday, August 23, 2012

Annual Scrap Retreat

This is one of my most favorite weekends of my year!  For the past three years, I have been blessed to be able to get away for an entire weekend either by myself or with my girlfriends, to a FABULOUS all-in-one scrap retreat!  It truly is such a fun time of rejuvination (not necessarily through more sleep), and intentional girl time, without the disctactions of everyday life.
 
This year Katie, Karla, Melissa and I went to the same place we did last year, Rockin' R Retreats in Temple, TX, about a 2 hour drive from Dallas.  We took full advantage of the 165+ Cricut cartridges, the onsite mini-store, 8+ feet of tools, meals that were prepared for us, and of course, I made multiple trips to Fazoli's (it's my favorite breadsticks in the whole world, and there are none within a 1.5 hour radius of Dallas).  I stayed up wayyyyy too late every night, but slept wonderful (unfortunately, I think I was the only one in our group that did, sorry girls).  I accomplished most of what I had planned, but more than anything, I had such a wonderful time with my girlfriends!  It's truly rare in this lifestage to get such a great amount of one-on-one time with the ladies, and I was just so blessed by the time and conversation over the entire weekend!  I can't wait to see what we decide to do about next year!!
 




Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: