Thursday, August 4, 2011

31 Months

My sweet Caleb, today you are 31 months old! What a little firecracker you are these days! One minute your laughing hysterically, the next you're screaming in frustration. I thought maybe we had bypassed the "terrible two's", but fear not, you made sure we got to experience them first hand! Nonetheless, I love you just the same and am thankful more than anything for a healthy little man! The Lord is teaching me so many things right now, through you, and you don't even realize it!

Patience, something that we both often need with each other, but that mommy needs more. Inside voices, I know you still don't quite understand what that means, but you do know how to whisper now and you do a GREAT job of it when we take you in for bed and Asher is already asleep. Grace. I'm so thankful that the Lord showers me with grace, I just need to continue to put it in to practice with you. You need grace right now. You need discipline, but you also need grace. Your sweet little brain is working overtime and I can always tell when you aren't "feeling" right by the expression on your face. It truly says, "something is happening, but I don't know what, and I don't know how I feel about it, so I'm going to express my confusion through frustration, yelling and crying." I truly don't understand what all is happening in that little mind of yours either, but I know that it's harder on you than you are on me. Grace. Lord give me grace, so that I can shower my son with it. Patience. Lord give me patience so that I can shower my son with it as well.

On the flip side of things, the developments that your brain is making is coming out in learning new words, repeating entire phrases, being able to accurately respond to mommy when I ask you a question, being able to point things out in the car when I ask you what you see, and sooooo much more! This fills my heart with such joy, and often overwhelms me to the point of tears, to think that my once little baby boy, is now growing leaps and bounds in speech and actions! You have also learned to jump and boy oh boy do you LOVE jumping! On anything and everything, which is fine by me! I grew up jumping on the bed and it truly is a fond memory that I want you to have too!

You also LOVE your little brother, so very very much!! You are so concerned whenever you hear him crying. And the times that you have accidentally run in to him or toppled him over, you don't waste a second giving him loves. It truly is precious! A relationship that I know will just blossom over time!!!

Here are a few pics from the past month! I love you so very very much my little man! You are such a joyous treasure to me and daddy!!

July 4th pics!

Giving Asher "loves"!!

You and your crazy hair, I LOVE IT!!

A picture worth a thousand words. Pictures of you smiling have become extinct, and so the fact that I was actually a part of a picture with you smiling is truly a miracle!

For memory's sake, a picture of the lovely drawing you did on the dining room wall with your red crayon. There's never a dull moment with you little man, and I wouldn't trade my life for ANYTHING!!!

Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments: