Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gifts, Gifts and More Gifts!

Today I am going to take a minute to brag on three VERY talented people. You see, over the past week or so, Caleb has received multiple AMAZING handmade gifts and I want the world to know of the talent that has gone in to making each of these gifts for my sweet baby boy!!

First off, I am going to start with my sister. She is an amazing seamstress. She has two beautiful children under the age of 6, a hard-working husband who is in his second year of residency for emergency medicine, is a full time mommy and a part time student. And somehow, found time to not only make all of my bedding (see previous nursery post here for a look), but to also make this incredible, detailed diaper bag!! When I opened up my package yesterday, I was in such shock and amazement at the handiwork my sister put in to making this bag. Not only did she work with two different patterns, but there are four pockets on the inside, two on the outside, a keyring holder, and a small phone pocket on the inside of the bag as well! She also went the extra mile, and made a dirty diaper zipped bag and a changing mat that has one side with sherpa material and the other side with a microsuede material. I was almost brought to tears when I first pulled this bag out of the box. My wildest dreams and expectations were exceeded more than I ever thought possible!

She didn't stop there either! She also took the liberty to make Caleb a precious sock monkey hooded blanket wrap as well! Absolutely adorable!! I can't wait to wrap him up like a little burrito in it!!

Julie, you are an outstanding seamstress, amazing mother and the best sister anyone could ever have! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to create such timeless pieces of craftmanship. Your hard work has not gone unnoticed and I can't wait to (hopefully) call on you again in the future, for more bedding and bags, maybe for a little girl!! I love you so very much and am constantly amazed at how well you manage your time and think of others! You are a rock star!!!






Next, I'm going to brag on a sweet friend Dana with Stitches In Bloom. Dana and I worked together last fall when she blessed me with the opportunity to share booth space with her at all of the fall trade shows! She allowed me to set up for free with my products, in exchange for helping her take orders, set up and tear down the booth. She is famous for her minky dot bunnies, but has recently added an entire new line of baby products, including full size minky dot blankets, pillow cases, lovies and so much more! As you can see below, her products are top notch and make the perfect gift set for any new mommy and baby! I've already wrapped myself up in the full size blanket and absolutely love it! Thank you Dana and Cindy for this outstanding gift set! I know Caleb (and I) will enjoy it for years to come!!




Last, but not least, is my friend Katie, from Watermark. Katie came to my baby shower with a white porcelain baby shoe. She gifted Caleb with it, but said she needed it back and I would get it once he was born. Much to my surprise, I opened up my front door today and it was sitting on my doorstep! As I opened the package I couldn't help but grin ear to ear as I took out the tiny little painted porcelain shoe! It's blue color with black painted letters was just so perfect! Thank you, Katie, for allowing me the pleasure of owning one of your precious handmade gifts! This shoe, with all of Caleb's stats will always have a special in his room!!



Be Blessed and Encouraged!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the sock monkey fabric! We have one of those bunnies- pink and brown. Allie loves it. I'm going to have to get your friend's number because I really like the pillow too. :)